Are you left or right foot forward?

ozskiozski Posts: 1,645
edited May 2014 in Technique & Theory
The old debate... Just looking to get a breakdown. Just hit the return key and found out the hard way you can't edit poll choices. Wanted to add an option for RFF skiers skiing into -32 and higher... Horton?
'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

Are you left or right foot forward?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    Im a lefty skiing into -32 upwards
    Working on Owning 38' OFF........ still renting it for now, or stealing it once and awhile......
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,645
    @GOODSkier - Hows your 2 / 4 side turn?
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    @ozski If you asked me last week, I would have said exactly the same as my on-side turn. Had too many things on my mind this morning. Got a little hitch at 4 today for some reason. BUT, I do feel that my off side (246) is pretty well balanced with my onside (135) when I am settled and skiing well.

Maybe potentially totally my 2014 Tundra yesterday might have something to do with my head being in the wrong place..............
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • ralral Posts: 1,706 Mega Baller
    I'm a lefty
    Ok. I screwed up, did not read the third option....
    Rodrigo Andai
    ozski
    edited May 2014
    Ral, we can help you improve... its ok.

• PorkfightPorkfight Posts: 180 Baller
    I'm a righty
    "I'm a righty" is the correct choice for me right now.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,629 Mega Baller
    edited May 2014
    I'm a lefty
    Slalom left foot forward, Trick right foot forward. Is that strange ?
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,762 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Lefty on the ski only. Solid right wing otherwise.
    Horton
  • Onside135Onside135 Posts: 412 Crazy Baller
    edited May 2014
    @Jody_Seal…Trick skiing? Yes that is very strange…never understood it!
  • drewski32drewski32 Posts: 217 Baller
    I'm a righty
    I'm a righty, on a good day I can ski into -32
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,089 Mega Baller
    I'm a righty
    I'm RFF and into -32. Aside from the "into -32", it would also be interesting to correlate that with hand position. I am a convert to the "correct" hand position after 20-some years and a loooong winter in anticipation of better skiing and great tips from BOS!
    Is it time to ski, yet?
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,522 Mega Baller
    I am all messed up. Slalom ski with LFF. Snowboard with RFF. Shoot pool left handed. Write (if you can call it that) with my right hand.

Biggest problem for me being LFF is getting a good gate shot, maintaining good stack, and good handle control going into 1 ball. Unfortunately, that is exactly where it all counts the most.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 798 Crazy Baller
    I'm a righty
    @Jody_Seal yeah, that's strange.
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,089 Mega Baller
    I'm a righty
    @Jody_Seal‌ sounds similar to @MISkier‌ ... strange.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    Does anyone feel that they have an advantage one way or the other? I know I would not be happy if my offside was my 1 ball...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file