Mapple

blockblock Posts: 158 Baller
Its odd that Horton has not tested the Mapple 6.0 or 6.1.
John Seiler

Comments

• MSMS Posts: 4,653 Mega Baller
    There are lots of good Mapple reviews if you look back in the archives.
    Shut up and ski
  • 34mph34mph Posts: 173 Baller
    Love my 6.0
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,801
    Absolutely "LOVE" my 6.0...Most "Forgiving" high performance ski I have ever been on, and I have tried them all.
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,903 Mega Baller
    Parish, now pulls BOS ads.... trimming SG&A?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,042 Administrator
    edited May 2014
    @AB running a business is never as straight forward as it should be. I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors at Mapple and I assume you don't either. If you are going to speculate please leave me out of it.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

edited May 2014
    Not including you. Just the financial guy in me wondering. Controlling costs is only prudent. I was/am thinking about a 6.1 from all great endorsements made out here. And no, I do not have access to behind the scenes at Mapple.
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 760 Crazy Baller
    If your considering a high end ski you need to ride a Mapple before spending your money.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
    Skoot1123
    My friend loves his, and has been down to work with Andy the last 2 summers. He is totally sold on Mapple skis and training.
    Skoot1123
  • blockblock Posts: 158 Baller
    Thanks for all the comments. I am not trying to start anything negative , I ski on a 6.0.
    John Seiler
    lol
  • Mikl525Mikl525 Posts: 8 Baller
    Plus 1 on the Mapple 6.0
  • SMSM Posts: 527 Crazy Baller
    Love my 6.0 too. I was recently there for a 5 days. Awesome experience.
    Time spent on the water is time well spent.
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 308 Baller
    I've been mulling over trying a 6.0 or 6.1 Can someone comment on comparison of either of the Mapples vs a Goody XT? Thanks
    (I'm on a goode N-1 now...maybe I should be on a larger N-1, but it seems too slow for the amount of effort I'm putting in)
    There is a few on ski it again now which size are you
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,425 Mega Baller
    edited May 2014
    @Booze I got my 6.0 from @OB who went back to Goode. He might be able to give some comparison. I'm still liking the 6.0. I find it very forgiving of mistakes and I having much less falls on it - which fits with my main goal of avoiding injury.
  • JohnCoxJohnCox Posts: 355 Crazy Baller
    I got off on the n-1 to get on the Mapple 6.0. The Mapple worked MUCH better for me. Always felt like I was working my tail on on the n-1, but things really freed up for me on the 6.0. Moved from the 6.0 to 6.1 in June. It seems to carry the same speed across course for me as the 6.0, but feels like I'm on a rail through the turns. I love both of the Mapples, but am really really comfortable on my 6.1.
    Mapple T2
    www.mappleskis.com
    rico
    @34, I'm close to 200lb, 6'2...into 38 off...so that's a good question.
    Does anyone know if either the 6.0 or 6.1 varied noticeably between model years? thanks for the feedback.
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    @Booze‌ Skis are the same year to year. I'm 6 feet, 195 and I ski a 68 inch 6.0. Love it.
    Jim Ross
    Ya I would say 68 but you could email mapple , they are real cool with getting back to you. Cust. support is the best I have ever had with a ski company, even when you buy it used like mine. I have no idea what a 6.1 feels like but I love my 6.0 !
    Skoot1123
    Just looked on mapple's web page the 68 is a 68.5 so I dont know ? Just checked out ski it again and there is a 68 for 875 and a 67 for 900 , somken good deals !! just saying
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,764 Mega Baller
    If I could - I'd hop on a Mapple 6.1 right now. That was an AWESOME ski. Went down and demo'd a ski last December and had a blast. HIGHLY recommend it.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,042 Administrator
    edited May 2014
    @rico‌ two things
    Reviews are not connected to advertisering. I reviewed a D3 last year and will do a Warp this year. Neither currently are now or have ever been an advertiser. I would love it if Mapple sent me a 6.1 to review.

Readers are always talking about their skis.....what more do you want.

Wacky Frog

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• slowslow Posts: 305 Solid Baller
    Integrity
    HortonBMG73GaryWilkinson
  • JJRJJR Posts: 31 Baller
    Wow, this is getting really interesting,
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    @Mapple send him a ski and find out. Part of the lure to your company seems to be the detailed after sale support, so keep pushing that and work with the tester.

We all know there are a ton of top notch high end skis that just about anybody can ski their best on, but how many can get setup and technical advice from the best skier ever?

Than_BoganSkoot1123drewski32
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    the 68 is really a 68.5. I've always liked a bigger ski. I was on a 69 inch blue/red Sixam 6.0 back in the day and loved it. I don't find the ski feels big at all. Turns on a dime and holds edge very well.
    Jim Ross