ZO conversion as it relates to jump.

WishWish Posts: 6,742 Mega Baller
So a 2008 SN 196 w PP and a jump switch. If converted to ZO, is the jump switch still needed? If yes, please explain. If no, pleas explain. Thanks.
>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<

Comments

• Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,149 Mega Baller
    For Jumping yes a switch is required with ZO. A 2008 there is no conversion just plug in the ZO, mount the pucks...Bam!! map the course and swerve....Or jump!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Wish
  • WishWish Posts: 6,742 Mega Baller
    So why does ZO need a switch?
  • E_TE_T Posts: 542 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    @wish jump with out it and let me know
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
  • WishWish Posts: 6,742 Mega Baller
    This is for a friend. I do not jump. I just don't get why a GPS based system with the reactions time for slalom is inadequate for jump.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,149 Mega Baller
    Jump is more complicated process for ZO to control. in order for the machine to give the amount of pull through the entire process it needs to know when the jumper is pulling on the boat. Slalom is more predictive then jump, switch not needed. the jump program by far is more complicated and to this day is being tweeked yearly.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• usaski1usaski1 Posts: 643 Crazy Baller
    @Jody_Seal *threadjack alert* 2008 Indmar dbw. It does not have an e-controls ECM. other than buying ZO ($1700) how would it be installed, and how much is a new ecm for ZO.. I have PP zbox now.
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
  • addkerraddkerr Posts: 122 Baller
    Iv just converted an 08 in the same situation as you @usaski1 had to buy new ecm, contact local dealer for that. I know bakes sell them as well. To install plug in new ecm then plug zo. I had to solder zo harness into boat harness but nothing really hard.
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,031 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    I like jumping without the switch. Therefore the switch must be important to real jumpers. The real jumpers all prefer ZO. The biggest source of rerides in tournaments I see is from the switch not engaging.
    Eric
    @addkerr -- how much for the ECM? did you install it yourself ( the ecm) ?
    edited June 2014
    think I just figured out from bakes, about $1500 for an ECM + ZO.. = $3200 that's a lotta dough for computer parts. maybe I'll just stick with PP + zbox.. or maybe I'll do the ecm, and then later do the ZO.
  • addkerraddkerr Posts: 122 Baller
    @usaski1 Try getting friendly with a local dealer, bakes are pretty expensive. Has to be flashed to 08' though. Indmar can get funny sometimes with new ecm's, probably because it 0hrs your clock. Yep ecm is just four screws and three multi plugs on 08'. You cant get it wrong.