Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Helmet suggestion

cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
I got bonked on the head with my ski for the 1st time today in a nasty crash and it made me think of all the TBI patients I have worked with in the PT field in the past 20 years. Thats traumatic brain injury - not just season ending but life altering. Getting into shorter lines means falls outside the control I have known before and I have seen some folks at tournaments wearing helmets, so what are some good suggestions to look at?
Vapor pro 2017

Comments

• gregygregy Posts: 2,436 Mega Baller
    Kayaking maybe.
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,459 Crazy Baller
    @cragginshred‌ Gath Helmets are the ones most slalom skiers use. Close fitting at the face helps prevent water from grabbing the edge during a crash.
    cragginshred
  • BillbertBillbert Posts: 40 Baller
    I looked at the garth helmets. Good noggin protection, poor face protection. I had my ski bust up my face last year (several fractures to RHS orbit and blew out the orbit floor) so I was looking for a bit more protection than they offered.

I looked at BMX helmets, kyaking helmets, jump helmets and ended up with a LAX field helmet. Nice and light, nothing in the liner to go funky in the water and good line of sight through the cage. took a little getting used to but I don't notice it any more. I also wear a motocross style neck brace as well for added protection if the helmet were to dig in in a crash.

The thread bellow is the result of me asking the same question last year.

http://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/8384/any-helmet-recommendations-for-slalom

• BradyBrady Posts: 1,057 Mega Baller
    @cragginshred I have seen @klundell wear a helmet sometimes while skiing. He could give you some good feedback as to what he wears. Probably a good idea, seeing as how he is a doc and they are pretty smart guys.
    I ski, therefore I am