radar vice glove failure

davidgree1davidgree1 Posts: 8 Baller
The strap on my radar "clincher like" gloves failed at the wrist causing me to take a nice fall.
The strap that runs from the fingers to the wrist is not attached as robustly as the masterlines.
The masterlines and clincher straps seem to have a much larger overlap area.
3.jpg 240.2K
4.png 775.5K

Comments

• wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    wow. I had the D ring fail on a pair. I contacted radar and they had me ship them the failed gloves, but had already sent out new ones. great customer service!
  • davidgree1davidgree1 Posts: 8 Baller
    i stopped using my radar gloves and switched back to masterline. maybe adding more stiches to the wrist area might help but it looks like the overlap area needs to be increased
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,420 Mega Baller
    I've had masterlines tear in that same spot. The old clinchers almost never. Masterline replaced mine right away.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • WishWish Posts: 6,714 Mega Baller
    edited July 2014
    Radar will take care of you. Your pro shop or on line shop may as well. The Black and Whites had issues with DRing failure. They replaced plastic DRing for metal and reinforced the strap where yours broke on the new ones. But new ones run a bit smaller. I ended up going from a M to a L.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    doonez
    sorry to hear about masterlines failing. This isn't like palms wearing out and causing a blister. My gloves failed at max pull behind the boat. When they fail while pulling you are going to take a hit.
    Unacceptable for this design flaw.
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,876 Crazy Baller
    There have been many threads about both these manufacturer's gloves and their failures. I have written that I take mine to a boat cover business in my area and have them add some reinforced stitching at the strap to wrist connection point. They charge me $5 a pair and I have never had any issues with them breaking anymore. I have also had gloves that failed in that manner repaired by the same people. Find a local boat cover place and see if they will accommodate you. While the manufacturers will stand behind the products; you may have continual issues with them failing.
    Bob Grizzi
    Thanks much skibug.
  • chris_loganchris_logan Posts: 349 Solid Baller
    Masterline's first batch had ring failures, so they switched to metal. Then there were some experimental batches with getting the strap length right - those batches had the same type of failure at the wrist as you did @davidgree1 (I know this first hand, I broke 8 pairs in a row). I broke the actual strap 3 times. In every case, ML promptly replaced my gloves at no charge. ML has their design dialed in now on the Pro-Locks. It's interesting to watch history repeat itself as Radar is going through the same iterations that ML did with the same points of failure.

Without a doubt, Radar will take care of you and get you set up with another pair of gloves. Customer service at Radar is great when you are allowed to explain your situation and they will stand behind their stuff.
    Always looking for a pull... Will you be my boatdriver?