Radar Strada Boot liner replacements

dtm8119dtm8119 Posts: 165 Baller
edited July 2014 in Skis Fins Bindings
I have a set of 2011 Strada boots and my liners are pretty close to needing replacement. Wondering who you guys would recommend I go through to find some?

Thanks in advance!
Dan Cloutier

Comments

• inlandinland Posts: 94 Baller
    I'm interested in this also. Staying tuned for sure.
    Inland
    2006 Response LXI
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,763 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I am not being a smart A here, but why not just call Radar?
  • jjackkrashjjackkrash Posts: 538 Crazy Baller
    I got my replacements through Wiley's last fall.
  • ChadWChadW Posts: 99 Baller
    Performance has them. They sponsor this site and will ship.
    MattP
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 692 Crazy Baller
    I had mine dropped shipped from Radar via h2mosis
    Vapor pro 2017
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    In Canada, Mike Gazley at Shuswap Ski & Board will set you up.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    skihart
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 366 Solid Baller
    We have some at Bennetts 3 Event Store! Call Joey at (225) 654-0245
    Andre Broussard - Louisiana
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,786 Mega Baller
    Slightly different question.... What other brands/models of liners have been used in Strada shells? I know Strada liners have reinforcements on them and a slick material along the heal - I guess to aid in releasing...

Anyone use other liners w success even though they don't have those Strada features?
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • DanEDanE Posts: 871 Crazy Baller
    Imho that slick material on the backside of the liner has a much bigger impact on releaseability than tightening of the top laces.
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,763 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Given that the liner is a part of the "release mechanism" of the Strada/RS1 boot, I'm not sure I would experiment a lot with different styles. Personally I really liked the liner when I was in Stradas. I actually have my son in one for his Reflex trick binding as we needed more fill than the stock liner. (Thanks Sully)
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    anyone used a strada liner in their RS1 boot? I need a new right 9 to replace my RS1 soon, and the boot itself is perfect condition.
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,053 Mega Baller
    The Strada liner is a little thinner than the RS1, other than that, identical. I use a RS1 in my front Strada binding because I like a tighter fit.
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    I use 2011 liners (new) in 2012 shells because the 2012 liner was unbearably tight. hope i can find more 2011 liner in the future.
  • ChadWChadW Posts: 99 Baller
    The new liners are thicker. I had to move from size 9 stradas (2011) to size 10 vapors because of the difference in liner thickness.
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    edited July 2014
    I've been using Intuition Aqua liners in my Stradas for over two years and they release just fine without the slick strip. Before that, the slick strip of my rear stock liner wore through and was all torn up, and the release was completely unaffected as far as I could tell.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    jipster43ToddL
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 713 Crazy Baller
    Intuition is who makes the liners for Radar.
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 800 Crazy Baller
    I know some folks on this site have used Intuition's other liners in Stradas/RS-1s, but not sure which model of liner and what the thickness was like. You can often find good deals on intuition liners (for other sports/applications) on eBay.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,502 Mega Baller
    @andjules - I've bought/used a wide variety of Intuition Liners.

The Intuition Aqua is the one with the thinnest bottom - so if you like being on the ski/have a fat foot and want something slender - that's a good route.

FM "splash" is less money and is likely the exact same or very similar.

If you have skinny ankles I like the wrap around liners over the tongue.
    ToddL
  • DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 801 Crazy Baller
    brace marker do you have a web site for the aqua liners?

thx Deano
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 467 Solid Baller
    For those of you running the footbed inside of the liner , it is the bosses that encase the insert that are most likely tearing your boots up. I prefer my footbed inside my liners , so I cut a piece of .015 thick plastic shim stock and put that between the liner and shell. This actually allows the liner to come out easier and will prevent it from getting torn up by the high spots that hold the inserts that attach the shells to the plate.
  • londonskierlondonskier Posts: 190 Baller
    Are the RS1 boots basically the same as the newer Strada or Venom?
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 582 Water Ski Industry Professional
    OB4 has a replacement liner available that will fit a lot of different hard shells, information on our website soon.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller