This Guy Does Not Get To Drive For Me

ozskiozski Posts: 1,364
He's working that throttle pretty hard, and oh so serious and oh look out for the ... Lake.
'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: Nano One XT

E_T

Comments

• Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,115 Mega Baller
    Anybody with money is allowed to buy a boat with twin 500hp motors, there is no intelligence test unfortunately
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    E_TFatrollBulldog
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,364
    Twin 500HP? What sort of boat is it?
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: Nano One XT

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,793 Crazy Baller
    That was a couple years ago on the ozarks right?
  • ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 742 Solid Baller
    edited July 2014
    You can tell the girl on the right was starting to feel a bit unsettled when she grabbed the hand rail to her left.
    Anthony Warren
  • BMG73BMG73 Posts: 107 Baller
    I've been in and around these type of boats a lot. Unfortunately some off the people I've ridden with have the get out of my way mentality. That's scary at 130mph. The cat's handle better then the deep v's. That boat is a v hull. That driver is an idiot.
  • Steven HainesSteven Haines Posts: 914 Solid Baller
    man... that driver took a beating!
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,793 Crazy Baller
    So from folks who have driven real fast boats (not just your typical fountains and bajas)

What is your opinion on the role that his throttle manipulations may have played in that scenario?

I've had a few times in ski boats on big lakes that you'll get 2-3 poorly timed waves and they set up a bit of a bounce. I've usually found that other than reducing speed prior to hitting them, that any throttle manipulation messes with the hulls attitude and makes it worse. Looked like he went from zero to full throttle and back and for a few times - probably should have just backed em off a tad and gotten his hand back to the wheel?
  • BMG73BMG73 Posts: 107 Baller
    edited July 2014
    The video @mattp posted says the incident happened at 60mph. That is much faster- I'd say over 100 there. @BraceMaker‌ brings up a a good point about the throttle. To me it looks like he is powering up waves to purposely jump the boat. If you look at the spray off the side of the boat after he slams the throttle he is catching air.
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,863 Crazy Baller
    Could be that the throttle back off is due to air---to prevent over revving when the props clear the water.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • DWDW Posts: 1,530 Crazy Baller
    Fortunately for them, they did not have to be plucked out of the water by the Coast Guard as limp bodies. Seen / heard of similar accidents with the very unfortunate result as described in last sentence. No jackets, no brains in that boat.