Jason Staab, Great example of Sportsmanship

Eric KelleyEric Kelley Posts: 185 Baller
I want to give a shout out to Jason Staab. In the Average Joes tournament this weekend, he was paired with Chris Eller in the round of 16. The judges missed one at night and gave Staab credit for buoys he didn't make it around and gave him the win. At the dock he straightened it out and forfeited allowing Eller to move on to the round of 8. There are a lot of classy people in this sport and Jason is one of them.
9400andjulesPatReSkoot1123WishMISkierchris_loganHortonBulldogLeonLSkiJayjmvana1jipster43BMG73JordanjcampKcSwerverbf`IlivetoskiMZitoDavidPAlvin_NeffE_T

Comments

• lhooverlhoover Posts: 147 Baller
    I concur. Jason be a a good man and a good friend.
    GaryWilkinson
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 518 Solid Baller
    Jason is from the midwest, he's a great skier and a great dude. This is cool news to hear. Classy move Jason!
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 1,863 Crazy Baller
    edited July 2014
    I was there, and from the shore had a good vantage point. I saw the judging error and commented that "it's a shame that Chris is out due a mistake". Shortly after we heard that Jason corrected the error. Many of us on the shore commented on Jason's integrity. Somewhat rare in today's world, but maybe not so rare in waterskiing. Kudos to Jason. He has my respect. And thanks Eric, for giving credit where it's due. That's another thing that's not done enough!
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • MSMS Posts: 4,282 Mega Baller
    I cant wait to read Chads comments. Way to go Jason.
    Shut up and ski
    skidawgMAD11
  • stacystacy Posts: 11 Baller
    I agree he is one good dude and a great skier. Good job Jayson
  • skiboat38skiboat38 Posts: 107 Baller
    I was standing with Chad, he walked to the dock to talk to Jason when it happened.
  • Chad_ScottChad_Scott Posts: 353 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Hey I think Jason is a class act. He did the right thing.
    mbabiashHorton
  • eyepeelereyepeeler Posts: 126 Baller
    Jason's integrity extends to his pizza making ability...Never a shortage of pepperoni on any of Mr. Pizza Hut's great pizzas.
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,430 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited July 2014
    I like him but he can be a bit lippy
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    MSskidawg
  • jstaab3jstaab3 Posts: 19 Baller
    Ob checks in the mail!
    Jason Staab
  • BobHBobH Posts: 8 Baller
    Don't know where else to post it so I'll post it here. This tournament was also a fundraiser for In His Wakes, which is a great Christian Ministry. Donations for IHS wakes from the skiers totaled $1,475. So we have a great story with Jason on integrity and sportsmanship, and also a great story on charity. In addition to really talented athletes who participated in the tournament, we have a lot of really fine people in this sport. Salute!
    skidawgklindySkoot1123Alvin_Neff