The Lakes at Cypress Hill-SCR Regional Championships

skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,080 Open or 55K Rated Skier
After a long family fun filled weekend at regionals this weekend, (all of us bringing home some hardware---very nice)...But, it is much more than a podium spot. The people at Cypress were amazing hosts. Wonderful people who opened up their little bit of paradise for all to share for the weekend. Kids played freely in an atmosphere that was like being at home. Gracious and hospitable hard working people sacrificing their time to serve the skiing community for the weekend. All the cypress home owners and skiers should be applauded for their work on hosting a top notch tournament.
Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
ski6jonesJdubsklindyusaski1dislandSkoot1123Bruce_ButterfieldDirtThan_BoganHorton

Comments

• BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,801
    edited July 2014
    It was fun! Always good to have the Dawg crew and JD around mi casa. After everyone left, we pulled Nick's TXI out and about 8 of us got a set and then went out for pitchers of ritas. I can almost guarantee there'll be at least 4 more skiers at tournaments next year. Cat Diesel, Jessica Drew, Emily Drew, and Erne Greathouse all kicked a$$ on the water after seeing all the great skiing this weekend, especially from your two women. They don't want to just be cheerleaders next year!

Congrats on the showing your family put on!
    Shane "Crash" Hill

skidawgDirt
  • elrelr Posts: 214 Mega Baller
    Thanks Cypress! Everything was first class as usual and we had a great time!
    Ed Rink - LSF Texas
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,669 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Kudos to Scott Greenwood (and his entire family) for all they do for the juniors as well! He has the perfect personality for what he is doing.

The Cypress Homeowners are all great hosts as well as having a first class site!
    skidawgBroussard
  • DavidPDavidP Posts: 136 Baller
    The Lakes of Cypress Hill families demonstrated once again why we love to have Regionals there. From check-in, Jr. Pizza Party, BBQ Banquet, Tony, Tyler and Charles announcing all superbly done! Best of all - great skiing and awesome to see that some of the home owners managed to save a bit of energy to ski well too!

The officials and boat drivers were very efficient during and between events and no lengthy gate reviews! p.s. I enjoyed dock starting for most of M4 and MM. Lots of C1 ZO settings once the top seeds were skiing...hmmm.

Here's a video taken from Tony's drone:

David Panneton - LakePort Water Ski Club, formerly known as Muddy Waters
    skidawg
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,430 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited July 2014
    C1? No wonder the disappointing scores
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    skidawg
    At least we skied our regionals Mr. Dirt! Those on the shore should not poke fun at the "man in the area":)
    skidawg
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 510 Baller
    @DavidP -- Same technology for gate reviews as last year. I think Shane decided to go through the middle of the gates this year.
    I just forgot to go around six.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• MAD11MAD11 Posts: 575 Crazy Baller
    Great weekend with great people at Cypress. Thanks for everything. It's one of the best sites in our region and is always a pleasure to spend time there.
    skidawg
    That should have read "The man in the arena" referencing Teddy Roosevelt,s speech. What happened to that edit icon??
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 510 Baller
    @ShaneH, I was on tower hanging out. You had awesome start, I glanced away and you were swimming.
  • JoeMacJoeMac Posts: 43 Baller
    Fun weekend with a lot of good people. Always a great site to have a tournament.
    skidawg
    @thompjs‌ yep, pesky handle managed to get in the way of my hand at 5.lol
    Shane "Crash" Hill