Master Line Ergo Anti Roll Handle - First Spy photos

HortonHorton Posts: 27,189 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

ML1.jpg 887.2K
ML2.jpg 756.9K
ML3.jpg 804.8K
gregyMZitobkreisBulldogtjm

Comments

• jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,418 Crazy Baller
    Looks great! The loop needs to be bigger to allow the option of running the handle through it if your at a tournament and the ropes have the smaller loops. I ran into this a month ago and fortunately my handle had the larger loop.

I love the anti-roll of this design and the elimination of mid-grabs, but I also love the protection it offers skis. I have tagged my ski with the handle three times this week and there's nary a mark to be seen.
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,418 Crazy Baller
    miss-grabs!
  • MZitoMZito Posts: 169 Baller
    Mine will be delivered in a few days. Randy did a great job, sent me this pic as well. I will post pics when it arrives.
    Matt Zito...Detroit Mi
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,053 Mega Baller
    Looks great. What is the function of the offsets at the beginning of the V?
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,189
    Is this a partnership or some sort of licensing agreement between ML and US Gear or is this one all ML? Looks great regardless
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    This is all ML as far as I know. Randy built it himself. He said this is still considered a prototype.
    Matt Zito...Detroit Mi
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 831 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    When I was there a couple of weeks ago they were also making them as barefoot handles.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,189 Administrator
    @mzito I assume you mean Randy at Masterline NOT Randy at US Gear

@Texas6 I do not have first hand knowledge of any recent dealing between US Gear and Masterline but I would bet a case of Kilo Kai that US Gear is not in a joint venture with Masterline

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

tjm
    @Horton‌ yes you are correct Randy from ML. He was great to work with and provided excellent customer service!! They have my business from here on out!
    Matt Zito...Detroit Mi
    Horton
    New ML Handle arrived yesterday. Craftsmanship looks perfect. Handle feels solid and really grippy. Cant wait to give it a go this weekend! My 5yr old had a blast "skiing around buoys" in the house...lol

Thanks @mlusa‌ & Randy (ML) nice job!! B)
    Matt Zito...Detroit Mi
    rockdog
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 549 Crazy Baller
    What are they charging for these @mzito?
  • davemacdavemac Posts: 450 Baller
    ...and is the loop big enough to pass the handle thru?
    @davemac‌ made a short video of attaching the handle to a ML main line.

Matt Zito...Detroit Mi
    davemac
    @rockdog‌ please contact Randy at ML for pricing as these are still prototyped according to him.
    Matt Zito...Detroit Mi
  • mlusamlusa Posts: 30 Water Ski Industry Professional
    All of the Masterline slalom lines have large 15" loops to make handle changing easier. It's much better to build a large loop on the rope to accommodate all of the different handle configurations. Loop on the handle section is standard, but is easily attached to our ropes. Just put the large loop through the small loop on handle and then put handle through the big loop. I see many dock starters attaching the handle the wrong way and fighting to get the handle through the little loop and not utilizing the large loop of the rope.

We are now set up to do almost the entire process in our factory. We can customize these handles any way you would like. We don't have them on our website yet, but you can call us to order you customized handle. We will also have a few samples to display at Nationals and can fill orders as soon as we are back home from Nationals.
    davemacrockdogjipster43
  • Cusefan78Cusefan78 Posts: 80 Baller
    These handle look great. I want one.
  • tjmtjm Posts: 327 Baller
    Will these handles come in various diameters?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,189 Administrator
    @tjm I am 99% sure the answer is yes

• ThePantsManCanThePantsManCan Posts: 446 Baller
    Randy at ML told me just the 1.00 for now. But, he told me that three weeks ago. I am sure they will announce it when they are ready for additional options. That's what I am waiting for.
    60% of the time, it works.... All the time.