crashing at one ball

ToddFToddF Posts: 426 Baller
I have been on the 2013 S2 for about a month and am finally skiing fairly well on it.
but when I get to 35 off it seems that 7 out of 10 times I am sliding out at the one ball
It feels like the ski is riding on top of the water and just slides out. I didn't ever have this issue with my radar or A-1

Problem is I really like the ski it is a 67.5 and I am 6'0 190+-
could it be to big?

Comments

• MarcoMarco Posts: 1,355 Crazy Baller
    Without video, everything is just a guess. I'll guess you are riding a flat ski from the 2nd wake down to the ball at -35. A flat ski will feel fast and not be in the water like a ski on edge is. Stay on the handle longer at 35 and I bet the ski reacts like it does at 32 and longer.

Never been on an S2, but in my earlier days I was riding a 67.5 Fischer at 190#, and the size felt right.
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,165 Crazy Baller
    what @Marco said.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,266 Administrator
    67.5 S2 works for me at 190 and few feet tall

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babe's /Connelly / DBSkis /Denali Goode / HO Syndicate / Mapple / Masterline / O'Brien /
    MasterCraft / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• 6balls6balls Posts: 4,394 Mega Baller
    I'm thinking deeper fin if you are blowing out.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • ToddFToddF Posts: 426 Baller
    @marco that is what I am thinking, unfortunately.
    @6balls the only time it is doing it is at the one ball, the rest of the time the ski hooks up fine, So deeper makes me nervous but what the heck that may be it.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,394 Mega Baller
    @toddf if not at the other balls on passes you make it past the 1 @ 35 agree most likely technical backed up to your pull out width, turn in, and body position from gate turn out toward 1. A vid shot should clear it up for you in short order.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • WishWish Posts: 6,685 Mega Baller
    I'm putting money on not wide enough at glide and to much drifting in... Video will tell the tail.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<