Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

December Roll Call - Who's still skiing?

ToddLToddL Mega BallerPosts: 2,817 Mega Baller
edited December 2014 in News & Other Stuff
It's December now... Looking at taking a set or two Friday or Saturday here in TX. Who else is still at it?
-- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
Tagged:

Comments

• CamCam Solid Baller Posts: 320 Solid Baller
    Skied with @deep11 today, 2 sets each air 5deg C but fired up with all the current discussions on BOS so just had to get on the water.
  • MattPMattP Mega Baller Posts: 5,991 Mega Baller
    I would have loved to get a set in yesterday it was 73 here. It has been 59 days...
  • ToddLToddL Mega Baller Posts: 2,817 Mega Baller
    edited December 2014
    Not sure of our current water temp in Central Texas, but I bet its near the 50-65 degree range. Air temps have been fluctuating from highs between 40's to 60's. So, we are sitting around a 30 Baller Index. That's tough when you are used to a BI of around 130!
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • jetpilotg4jetpilotg4 Baller Posts: 286 Baller
    I ran four complete passes at 34/32 Off this morning , and on the 5th pass fell at 1 ball OTF , and hooked the handle with my left arm , OUCH ! nothing appears damaged beyond the bright red / Now black and blue on my wrist .... I feel very fortunate .. water 74F air 75F ( thats cold her in S Florida ) 2nd set , had pain in my wrist on Gate , stood up at one and rode to the dock, Leaving for Vail Co, In the AM
  • skihardskihard Crazy Baller Posts: 554 Crazy Baller
    Skied a set tonight after work. Was able to get it in before it got dark. Hope to get home earlier tomorrow so we can ski in brighter light! :)
    2014 Carbon Pro, Radar Pro Build Lithium Vapor w/ Vapor Carbitex Boa Bindings - life's about working hard and then having fun on the water! I am - are you?
  • bogboybogboy Solid Baller Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    horsing around at the ski lake in sub freezing temps, after it snowed.

CWiedmercragginshredSkoot1123SunlandSteve
  • andjulesandjules Crazy Baller Posts: 814 Crazy Baller
    Had an extended long weekend in Fort Lauderdale visiting my brother. Five sets in four days, the last two in December @ McGinnis. Sweet. Now back in Toronto...
  • cragginshredcragginshred Crazy Baller Posts: 693 Crazy Baller
    Mids 60's this weekend in California after a lot of muuuuuch needed rain(praying it keeps coming)!
    Hoping to get a couple of sets in after 3 weeks away from the water.
    Vapor pro 2017
  • skiepskiep Solid Baller Posts: 298 Solid Baller
    Got my Dec fix yesterday. Going again today! Warm spell here in North Fl. Lake 38 80 deg.
    Luzz
  • skialexskialex Crazy Baller Posts: 884 Crazy Baller
    skied today!!!!
  • LuzzLuzz Open or 55K Rated Skier Posts: 308 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I swam at @skiep‌ 's lake yesterday. Does it count?
    Host of The Water Ski Podcast
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    Co-organizer of the Jolly Clinics
    See what I am up to on Twitter and Instagram.
  • marknmarkn Solid Baller Posts: 205 Solid Baller
    Lucky enough to have a wife willing to drive a 10 pass set for me Dec. 2nd at 6:45 A.M.!! Love her AND her driving! MWN
  • bajabaja Baller Posts: 249 Baller
    Skied a couple of sets today with a buddy at his place in Palm Springs at beautiful Shadow Lake. No wind, no sun, air almost 70, water about 65. So comfy in our Camaro BlackTec 2mm full suits.
  • WishWish ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★ Posts: 7,791 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The boat is gassed up, air will be 75, full sun, wind tops out at 3 for the day and my wife is willing to drive whenever. But pinched nerve in the back takes me out. Get to look at the glass water all damn day. Will be crying myself to sleep tonight.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • ToddLToddL Mega Baller Posts: 2,817 Mega Baller
    @Wish - damn...

Got to ski today, but winds around 10-20mph. It was really choppy. Water (best guess) was about 58-62 degrees. But had a blast. My ski buddy was trying a new-to-him Goode 9800. He was stoked. My Vapor rocked - chop, head, tail - all no problem. Also, tried out my new-to-me Radar Gravitron trick ski. My friend's boat wasn't dialed in for trick, but it seems really promising!

• SunlandSteveSunlandSteve New Baller Posts: 5 New Baller
    After skiing in 30F last week, looking forward to skiing this week in 50F
  • bassfooterbassfooter Baller Posts: 159 Baller
    Saturday morning sets planned here in San Diego. Sunday morning, too. Spring suit at most for me, maybe trunks and heater shirt. My wife has her full suits packed, but she has an excuse. She's a native Southern Californian.
    Skied here in Texas today. Windy but not suits needed! Air was a sweet 75 and water is 65. Weather man says 73 tomorrow, chance of light showers, and wind at 6 mph.
    66. Should be another regular ski day with no suits needed! :)
    2014 Carbon Pro, Radar Pro Build Lithium Vapor w/ Vapor Carbitex Boa Bindings - life's about working hard and then having fun on the water! I am - are you?
    Boat is in the water so might as well ski this afternoon! :)

cragginshred
  • 101driver101driver Baller Posts: 8 Baller

Dawn at the lake today, last ski of the season hear in England. Have had to winterise the boat after skiing or frost will crack the block again. minus one Celcius, zero wind, just the edges of lake frozen in the shallows. The very best time to Ski, just as dawn breaks, there is something kind of spiritual about skiing at dawn, definitely feeds the soul. Then as the sun rises the waft of eggs and bacon on the barbie drifts across the lake to remind you to feed the body. Sad that the seasons ended but looking forward to snow skiing
    RichardDoane
  • LZywicki1LZywicki1 Crazy Baller Posts: 361 Crazy Baller
    Did our annual Polar Bear ski, water 36 and air 38.
    First thing we get rid of the safety equipment
  • WishWish ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★ Posts: 7,791 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Got to live vicariously though a MidWest baller that visited me today. Super nice guy. And a damn good skier. Was hard to watch another skier on that mirror glass water with bright sun but I am glad someone got to break it today. He will be back tomorrow if weather holds. Driving for a skier on glass water is just as much fun right??....right?!?!?...
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Mega Baller Posts: 2,706 Mega Baller
    82 degrees here in Tampa today, about to take a slalom set and pull Mo and Jen chicken tricken.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• HortonHorton Administrator Posts: 27,571 Administrator

Looking for a healthy snack? Try SuperFat

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

RichardDoanecragginshredkstateskier
  • jimskijimski Solid Baller Posts: 385 Solid Baller
    Out for a free ski today
  • MskMsk Baller Posts: 3 Baller
    McGinnis in Ft. Lauderdale was perfect this morning. 73 degree water.
    Skied to sets yesterday!
  • 94009400 Crazy Baller Posts: 603 Crazy Baller
    So far I get a ski ride a week.

One set today!
  • usaski1usaski1 Crazy Baller Posts: 739 Crazy Baller
    @toddL You may end up beating my for # of times skied in December, but I have gone out.. last Wednesday... I retire the slalom ski in October, and trick until spring. Slalom in winter just = frustration.
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
    ToddL