Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski lake between Bend and Tumalo, Oregon

bstphen24bstphen24 Posts: 36 Baller
edited December 2014 in News & Other Stuff
Delivered some containers for our company out there the other day and noticed a beautiful ski lake! Just wondering if anyone has any info on it or knows anything about it? It is fairly new, maybe 1-2 years old, as it was not there the last time I was out that direction. Would be great if I could get in touch with someone involved with it.
Dano

Comments

• gregygregy Posts: 2,581 Mega Baller
    Sounds like a mess.
    Brady
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,551 Mega Baller
    Well, I now know I don't want to move to Oregon - or at least that particular area. There was a similar situation here in Michigan. A group of skiers wanted to buy some land to dig a lake and split some lots. The local township denied their plan and the deal fell through. The main argument was the use of the land for motorized recreation. Apparently, the officials didn't notice the other landowners flying ultralites from their property or racing ATVs around their property - maybe they were doing that for work instead of recreation. It is interesting that it was a township-specific issue. Other townships in Michigan have had no problem with new ski lakes and developed real estate.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    Brady
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 842 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Sounds like it's time for a @Booty call. He might be able to fill us in and also tell us what he has been doing the last few years.
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • twhispertwhisper Posts: 96 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I'd like to check that one out too. I have a friend who built a lake out in Redmond several years ago that has memberships if anyone is interested.
    jipster43onelegger
  • bstphen24bstphen24 Posts: 36 Baller
    Stinks that they are really trying to shut this project down. I don't know where they got the idea that it is a ski lake though. ;)
    Bradyrab
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,426 Crazy Baller
    The complaints are coming from the neighbors who fear waterskiing will disrupt their serene setting and spook the deer. Are you kidding me?! It used to be a mining operation.
  • ToddFToddF Posts: 544 Baller
    As long as they let the neighbors know if it isn't a ski lake it will become a two stroke only motocross track with the course designed to be ridden at night.

Let the neighbors choose which option they want.
    MISkierSkoot1123
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,426 Crazy Baller
    Or they could just put a crop in there and have farm equipment running - quads, combines, perhaps a crop duster drifting pesticides their way.... Ski lakes make wonderful neighbors.
    Skoot1123ToddF
  • oneleggeronelegger Posts: 1 New Baller
    I can't believe they did all that work before getting their ducks in a row.
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    Very sad that responsible developers are facing such opposition. Good luck to the land owners.