Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SN 200 Hydro Gate lever moving

dtmdtm Posts: 44 Baller
Anyone have a solution for a Hydro Gate lever that moves back by itself? Mine is constantly sliding back, about an inch from the forward/Slalom position. Also, seems to be some missing nylon bushings...don't know if this is cause. Thanks,

Comments

• skierjpskierjp Posts: 737 Crazy Baller
    Sometimes a deflection of one inch with the lever does not move the hydro gate on the transom. Check to see that all the bolts and screws are tight.
  • ntxntx Posts: 824 Crazy Baller
    I have seen people wrap short length of bungee cord with hooks around it and attach the hooks to the drink holder.
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    I had that @dtm‌. I just tightened the nyloc nut on the bottom of the lever enough to stop it from creeping. No problem since.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,051
    I routed a piece of maple so it had a lip that would sit on top of the face of the slot. Almost like a T when viewed from the end. Drilled a hole and ran a tether to the hydrogate handle. Just dropped it into the slot. When we needed to pull jump or trick, just pulled the piece out.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Horton
  • WolfeieWolfeie Posts: 175 Baller
    I have the same problem. It looks like you may be able to tighten the hardware near the gate but I have been too lazy. I did lile Shane, except I found a piece of foam and just wedge it in the slot when not using gate.
    Brad Wolfe - Ski West Village, Arvin, Ca; Radar Pro Build, SN 200, I can see Ball of Spray headquarters from my lake house.
  • dtmdtm Posts: 44 Baller
    Thanks for the replies! I did check, and verified that the plate was moving, with the short movement of the handle. The whole assembly does seem a little loose, and there appear to be some missing nylon washers/bushings at the plate. This issue has definitely gotten worse over time (currently @ 450 hours). Haven't been able to find a good diagram online to determine what's missing.