Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Tips for donning/removing dry suit

Bookm_danoBookm_dano Baller Posts: 84 Baller
Hey Folks...My wife just got a dry suit (O'Neil Boost 'baggy style') and was wondering if anyone has any tips for getting the thing on and off. She didn't like my idea of using Boot Goo on her head......
Thanks,
Dan Comstock

Comments

• foxriveratfoxriverat Crazy Baller Posts: 521 Crazy Baller
    There are a few videos on youtube that give tips on getting them on and off
    2000 Malibu Response LX 2016 66 lithium vapor
  • WishWish ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★ Posts: 7,791 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I spray a little seal saver on my feet. Slips right on over them. Can do the back of your hand as well.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • foxriveratfoxriverat Crazy Baller Posts: 521 Crazy Baller
    @thager‌ years ago I got done skiing in my Sahara drysuit. Me an bud are wiping down boat and he leaves. Not thinking I still have drysuit on and can't unzip it. I'm wandering around in my front yard looking for someone to help when a lady comes running up chasing a pitbull she's watching. She grabs dog by leash and it drags her down my gravel driveway cutting her legs up. I grab the pitbull for her bring it back to house and kindly ask her to unzip my drysuit.
    2000 Malibu Response LX 2016 66 lithium vapor
    Wishthager
  • 6balls6balls ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★ Posts: 5,105 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    The boost drysuit has pretty forgiving seals...I find one of the easiest to put on/take off.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Baller Posts: 1,094 Baller
    slowly and carefully. Make sure to burp the air out of the suit before skiing. Make sure all the seals are spread out and flat against your skin. Hold them open until you get your hands or feet all the way through. I have an eagle sports baggy drysuit now. I had a Sahara with the zipper across the back. If I had to get out of it I would tie a piece of rope to the zipper, and then tie it to a tree and move my upper body in the direction to pull on the rope to unzip. Just use a simple overhand knot, that way you can untie it with one hand.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • kurtkurt Baller Posts: 95 Baller
    If you spray food grade silicone on the seals.they slip on and off easier .
    billy's puddle swerving around the frogs
    Wish
  • I5boiI5boi Baller Posts: 152 Baller
    The Boost is great, you will love it. My tip is to wear little sport socks before you slide you feet in, then take the socks off. I also wear a long sleeve high tech shirt like a dry fit which gets your hands close.

Taking it off: go slow. The seals will loosen up after just a couple of uses. Socks back on can help getting suit off too.
    Wish
  • thagerthager Mega Baller Posts: 4,538 Mega Baller
    edited December 2014
    @foxriverat‌ Funny!! Actually would have expected a story along those lines from @ShaneH‌ though.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • 6balls6balls ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★ Posts: 5,105 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @thager if it was @shaneh it would have involved a Hawaiian Tropic model running past sleep-running while holding her miniature poodle.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • buskibuski Baller Posts: 114 Baller
    Wear socks while you put on the ankle seals
  • scuppersscuppers Baller Posts: 431 Baller
    I just heard this from someone - slip a plastic grocery bad over each foot and hand and then slide through the seal. I didn't try it but it makes sense.
    Chuck Link, Deland Florida
    barefooter2baller
  • ToddLToddL Mega Baller Posts: 2,817 Mega Baller
    Lots of scuba sites recommend talc powder on hands and feet to make the seals slide on easily.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • nzwaterskinzwaterski Baller Posts: 40 Baller
    Never worn dry suits but I've always used plastic bags to help slide into a full wetsuit works great should work for a dry suit
  • skierjpskierjp Crazy Baller Posts: 737 Crazy Baller
    To get it off put alittle binding soap on your feet and on the ankles of the seal then step out of it inside out. Same for hands.
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Mega Baller Posts: 4,114 Mega Baller
    a little zipper wax is also a must

BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
    Wish
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★ Posts: 1,025 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    What's a drysuit?
    Wish
  • Bookm_danoBookm_dano Baller Posts: 84 Baller
    A drysuit is that thing that might actually get my wife to come out on the lake with me all winter...
    Wish
  • dougskidougski Baller Posts: 17 Baller
    Hey Steve aren't you the same clown who bought a bf 200 from me? Ha ha Happy New Years Dougski
  • Steven_HainesSteven_Haines ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★ Posts: 1,025 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Ha ha @Dougski ya that was me. But it seems to me that you're the clown still wearing one! d-)
  • barefooter2ballerbarefooter2baller Baller Posts: 30 Baller
    scuppers, that works for dry suits and cowboy boots as well..
    If the suit is dry baby powder works also.