Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2015 Radar Lithium Senate

HortonHorton Posts: 25,175 Administrator
edited February 2015 in Videos & Photos

Radar is pleased to announce a new ski in the 2015 lineup of awesomeness, the Lithium Senate. A PVC core, wrapped in 100% carbon fiber laminates made in the ever so popular Senate shape will change the way you ride your waterski.

Coming from the mouth of Chris Sullivan “I can't explain how excited we are to have the combination of our most popular ski shape constructed the best way a ski can be made. The free flow ride of the Senate manufactured with the carbon and PVC core of a Lithium Vapor is like nothing else on the water. It's the R-class of the ski we all love.”

Matt Rini described his first ride as. “All the energy from the Senate everyone loves with additional width and maximum angle. The Lithium Senate rolls over amazing and hooks in really nicely, then the PVC Core matched with full carbon laminates rocket you through the wakes.”

The Lithium Senate is now showing up in pro shops all across the country, get yours today for the ride of your life in 2015!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Tagged:
MattP

Comments

• ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 375 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I have a feeling this ski is going to be stellar!! Combination of great things!! @Horton
    Cole Giacopuzzi • Radar Skis
    Horton
  • fu_manfu_man Posts: 365 Solid Baller
    Can someone please explain the difference between Radar's "graphite" and 'lithium" skis (Vapor or Senate)? The website and these videos don't explain squat. It appears that they are pvc cores with carbon laminates so what is the difference?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,175 Administrator
    Graphite is all carbon w/ PU core
    Lithium is all carbon w/ PVC core

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• dislanddisland Posts: 1,169 Crazy Baller
    I hope this ski is on the @horton test plan
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,175 Administrator
    Yes

• tjmtjm Posts: 300 Baller
    edited February 2015
    Had one show up at my door last week. Now all that's needed is Spring. Broke all the rules by buying without trying, but been luvin the Strada 55 since it came out, so took the chance. Looking forward to it.
    Horton
  • crashmancrashman Posts: 722 Crazy Baller
    How does the newer senate shape compare with the older (2010 or so) senate shape?
    slalom addiction triggering irrational behavior
  • SethroSethro Posts: 215 Baller
    Good grief...is the lithium version really worth $550 more than the graphite? I'm really wanting the 71" Senate, but will probably settle for the graphite.
  • tjmtjm Posts: 300 Baller
    @crashman the older version was based on the Strada, the newer is based on the Vapor
    Horton
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 660 Solid Baller
    It has been rather quiet about this Senate Lithium ski.
    Is it popular?
    Especially with so many 55/34 skiers in the market.
    Any more experiences to share?
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 660 Solid Baller
    Hi
    Missing more updates of this ski.
    Especially since there are quite few that ski 34 Mph....
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
    sgregg
  • SkirvindSkirvind Posts: 26 Baller
    edited May 2016
    I have a 71 lithium Senate, 235ib, running 34mph. I had a 2013 strada and I knew after my first ride on the Senate I'd never use the strada again. The ski turns fantastic and changed the way I ski for the better. I would be hard to replace at this point.
    gsm_peterBill22
  • Ralph LeeRalph Lee Posts: 492
    @Skirvind from No Name? Care if I demo your ski?
  • JayG80JayG80 Posts: 90 Baller
    The 71 lithium Senate was a game changer for me compared to 69" Senate C. I wish I could say how much of the change is related to the PVC core vs the longer ski length. All I know is that this is the best ski I've ridden.

coxjon
  • coxjoncoxjon Posts: 43 Baller
    @JayG80 great insight! Im about to trade in my Senate C and was looking at the Lithium Senate to try once I get out to the US.

As a matter of interest what bindings were you using on the Senate C and then now on the new Senate?
  • JayG80JayG80 Posts: 90 Baller
    @coxjon I'm using HO Attack bindings on both skis. Open toe design for my size 14 feet. If I could fit into Radar Vapor boots then I would. I prefer HO Attacks over my previous Radar Vectors simply because the HO has a hook for the top bungee loop making it easy to get the boot on. If you find yourself in Houston, you are welcome to demo my 71" ski.