Mid-loops

rokrok Posts: 30 Baller
Who uses mid-loops? I've found it helpful to ski at 33.5 in order to make the transition from 32 to 35. Haven't broken into 38 yet (love my optimism!), but expect that skiing at 36.5 will also help this step be less difficult... Or am I losing time? Pros & cons?
andjules

Comments

• E_TE_T Posts: 597 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    I like it. Keep at it !!
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 911 Mega Baller
    I have one between 22 and 28, and between 28 and 32. I like them. The mid-22 loop is just a slightly "crisper" feeling -22 pass before running headlong into the heartbreaker that is -28. I'll often pretend the mid-22 loop is actually -22 and get used to it. Helps increase feedback a bit on that pass and makes the "long" version feel very easy.
    rok
  • TWBTWB Posts: 162 Baller
    I use them, and it works for me. Running the mid loops has helped me be more consistent at the next shorter loop.
    Tom Burnham
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 911 Mega Baller
    edited March 2015
    BTW it's easy to rig these up if you just want to try out the concept. You don't need to buy a whole new rope. Take a short(er) section out of another rope and just loop it into that next loop when you need it. If you like the concept you can buy the real training loop sections from ML or InTow.
    skialexrok
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,981 Mega Baller
    Brenda at InTow made me a rope this season with loops between 32/35 and 35/38. I look forward to testing them out.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,225 Administrator
    I like my InTow rope w/ 36.5 loop a lot. I'm not sure helps my technique but it definitely helps my confidence.
    Join us at the 2019 NorCal MasterCraft BallOfSpray Cash Prize

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• ski4xtcski4xtc Posts: 178 Baller
    Masterline also makes a nice high quality rope with the additional mid-loops. They call it "The Progressor Mainline."
    Shakeskijayski
  • skihardskihard Posts: 549 Crazy Baller
    I have a ML Progressor rope and really like it. It has helped me improve a ton. Couple of teh people I ski with here really like it as well.
    2014 Carbon Pro, Radar Pro Build Lithium Vapor w/ Vapor Carbitex Boa Bindings - life's about working hard and then having fun on the water! I am - are you?
    Shakeskijayski
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    I have an old slalom switch from the PP days. 18 inches long. Can put it on the plylon and get the 36.5 loop if I want it.
    Jim Ross
  • Erik4cErik4c Posts: 50 Baller
    Mid loops are great, the 33.5 loop on my in-tow is a lot of fun and a confidence builder for 35. As @Razorskier1 said, just throw in a 18 inch section where you need it for that extra confidence boost.
    Shakeski
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,649
    I have the Intow line with a loop between -35 and -38 but I've been skipping it and cutting to -38 so far... Tried it just the once by mistake and I can't say that its been a big help yet.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    I will add that while skiing 36.5 off is interesting, I don't know that it helps at -38. One feels a lot like -35, the other doesn't.
    Jim Ross
  • WolfeieWolfeie Posts: 175 Baller
    I also play with the 33.5 loop. Just took a old 39 section and put a carabiner on one end and clip it to the 35 section. Planning on using it much more this season since my 35 off count went down last season.
    Brad Wolfe - Ski West Village, Arvin, Ca; Radar Pro Build, SN 200, I can see Ball of Spray headquarters from my lake house.
    andjules
  • SkiGurlSkiGurl Posts: 8 Baller
    I have a ML - I like it but do not use it often. I felt it mess me up more - but after reading the posts - I'm game to try again!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,225 Administrator
    @Wolfeie sounds like @ripa38 and I are going to have to start measuring your ropes again.
    Join us at the 2019 NorCal MasterCraft BallOfSpray Cash Prize

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    I have seen several mid loops lately, and put them on when the skier asks. Has any one used the z.o. free ski plus .2, or .3 tenths additional speed setting? It's pretty awesome.
  • RichRich Posts: 252 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    in early season trainng after volume sets, I use 36.5 mid loop as I start going down the line.
    Great training tool.
    Cam
  • CamCam Posts: 316 Solid Baller
    Mid loops are not so great if you don't know they are on the rope you are using.
    I borrowed a friends rope at a ski school without knowing he had a mid loop between 22 & 28, I started at 15 and shortened the rope 4 times and both me and the coach were sure I had ran 32 for the first time, it was not until the next day and I had told the world we realised the mistake.
  • skialexskialex Posts: 851 Crazy Baller
    My inTow rope arrived yesterday with a mid loop between 32&35. I put my handle on the rope and I count the hours until I go skiing this weekend!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file