Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Women's ski help!

SMR11SMR11 Posts: 2 New Baller
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, but I have been reading for the past few days and everyone here is so helpful! I am trying to decide what ski to buy and would love some input.

The specifics: I am 31 yrs old, 5'2'' 112 lbs. I started skiing when I was really young and used to be a good course skier, but I haven't skied in 8 years! I just bought my first boat and am excited to get back into it!

I was thinking about the Radar Lyric or perhaps a D3 Fusion, based on what I've read. Any thoughts? Also, I am trying to decide if a 63'' or 65'' would be best as it seems I'm right in the middle of the weight range. Let me know what you all think! Thanks so much! :)

Also, if anyone has a ski to sell that might work, please send me a message! Thanks again!
Tagged:
Bruce_ButterfieldThan_Bogan

Comments

• LZywicki1LZywicki1 Posts: 353 Crazy Baller
    My wife just got a 65" lyric for Christmas and loved went she skied it Florida last month. She hasn't been on a ski in about 5 years, not really a course skier and about the same size.
    First thing we get rid of the safety equipment
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,175 Administrator
    edited April 2015
    @SMR11 what speed do you ski? Are you in the slalom course? Want to be in the slalom course? Free ski only?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• SMR11SMR11 Posts: 2 New Baller
    well, it's been a while...but I'd say for now around 30 mph, with the hopes to be up to 32 soon! We are skiing on Lake Tahoe, so it will be a mix of free skiing and slalom.
    GroovyGrant
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,175 Administrator
    You can't go wrong with the D3 or Radar you are looking at. The Radar is wider, more stable and less advanced. Your call.

A 63 is a pretty small ski. At 30 or 32 MPH my guess is you will be happier on the 65"

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,124 Mega Baller
    @SMR11 If you ever need a second or third, my son lives in Incline Village and is always looking to ski for gas.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • SpuddySpuddy Posts: 126 Baller
    @SMR11 My wife is the same size and skis the same speed and she has a 65. When we got the ski she made sure the boot was comfortable and performed well I think that holds true for everyone.