Ski Sites near New Orleans

rml0015rml0015 Posts: 4 Baller
Hi skiers!
I am new here so I hope this is the correct location for this.
I am a collegiate skier and will be away from home working in New Orleans for the summer. I am looking for a place to ski for that time. I am aware of Bennett's nearby and spent several days there for collegiate nationals. I just don't think they can accommodate me as my schedule will be sporadic. I'm looking for something a bit more low key if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• LuzzLuzz Posts: 215 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @rml0015 seconding @kfennell, the staff at Bennett's is super accommodating. Your best shot is making a quick call to Joey before you head there so that someone from the staff will be around for a pull
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    See what I am up to on Twitter and Instagram.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,887 Mega Baller
    Covington is relatively close by (about an hour). I do not know how accessible it is.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • dbutcherdbutcher Posts: 214 Baller
    There's also a site in Slidell on the south side of I-12 just west of Louisiana Hwy 11. I don't think they have a jump any more, but there is a slalom course, and you can trick anywhere. I don't know a contact anymore.
  • dbutcherdbutcher Posts: 214 Baller
    Another is on the north side of I-12 in Mandeville (I think). It's not far from the north end of the Causeway bridge from Metairie. And of course there's a Covington site mentioned by lpskier.
  • rml0015rml0015 Posts: 4 Baller
    Thank you for the suggestions! I'll check out all my options.