Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BallOfSpray D3 Factory Tour - part 1

HortonHorton Posts: 25,174 Administrator
edited May 2015 in Skis Fins Bindings

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Tagged:
ozskiI5boiBulldogklindyallycatTexas6WisholdjeepJordanbishop8950InthedaybogboyMattPsantangelojerrymmarkchilcuttLZywicki1swc5150chris_logansmalorwtrskioraupatkingNandoskibrainBruce_ButterfieldYoud270bf`andybrockdogeleeski

Comments

• ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,582 Crazy Baller
    Very cool. Thanks @Horton
    jerrym
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,172
    That was really informative and well worth my 15 minutes. Gives you some perspective on how much goes into building a high end ski. They run a clean shop and really seem to care about repeatability and perfection. Cool video @Horton
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • DanEDanE Posts: 814 Crazy Baller
    Impressive :)
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,850
    Interesting. I've owned a rainsong guitar before. Had no idea Denny was building pieces for them.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    Impressive! Makes me proud to have a few D3s in my boat. Can't wait for Part 2.

Who knew D3 made other stuff?!
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • TELTEL Posts: 180 Baller
    VERY COOL!!!
  • InthedayIntheday Posts: 123 Baller
    Considering how few trick ski are around it amazing how much kit there was for making them
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,850
    I'd venture to say that D3 has the majority of market share for trick ski sales.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Intheday
  • jhughesjhughes Posts: 765 Crazy Baller
    The insert guy has to have a pretty high pressure job! After all that work it would be horrible to drill it incorrectly.
  • HigleyskierHigleyskier Posts: 29 Baller
    Great video! Keep this type of video coming everyone. Considerably more interesting/informative than trendy music and an drone shot of someone skiing from afar or slow motion laughing...
    Than_Bogan
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    @Horton for you to be 90 minutes away from @Deanoski and myself and not come ski with us....... brings me to tears.......

Interesting stuff in my back yard there is......
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,174 Administrator
    @GOODESkier was an ALL business trip.

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    @Horton hope you make a non business trip someday........
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
    @skibrain no I do not think so. What I saw was VERY evolved.

• Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,264 Mega Baller
    So Creed looks like the gray-haired sasquatch older brother of Mike Mapple. Hmmmm.

Anyway, I've always been impressed with the quality coming out of Denny's products. Definitely a first class operation. Thanks for the tour!
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
  • bassfooterbassfooter Posts: 141 Baller
    Absolutely fascinating, and the best tour guide imaginable. What a treat! Thanks so much, @Horton. I no longer believe what they say about you.
    @Bruce_Butterfield if you saw the processes up close you would be more impressed with the quality

• kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    When do we get to see Part Deux?
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
    Monday

kstateskier
  • TNh2oskierTNh2oskier Posts: 101 Baller
    Very impressive operation, considering the specialty product he is making it's really pretty amazing that the cost is where it is.
    public lake skier and long time slalom addict.
    Wish
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,459 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    I don't recognize any of the tools or processes. Way too fancy. Very cool though.

Where's the grinder?

Eric