reflex mounting question

dropskidropski Posts: 58 Baller
I have a reflex 750 on my slalom ski, and want to start using a reflex on my trick ski as well. I just need another plate and can use the same boot. Is there any way I could use my brother's 405 plate he would give me with my 750 boot? I'd hate to spend the money on a new 750 plate if I can jimmy rig something with the older plate. Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• DeanoskiDeanoski Posts: 712 Solid Baller
    the old plate will work fine just need a new 750 heel release. 404 is lower on the boot so you can not use a 404 and 750 with the same heel block height the 750 is a higher heel block height.

hope that helps
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,072 Mega Baller
    It depends on how old the plate is. Some of the really old ones have a different hole pattern under the release with only 1 for the release instead of 2. There used to be a different bracket under the release instead of the 4 little clips that are used now. If you have the old plate the new releases don't fit the old hole pattern.
    Mark Shaffer
  • dropskidropski Posts: 58 Baller
    thanks a lot! I'll check out the old plate, its only a few years old I believe so it should work if i just get a new heel release