Denny Kidder Interview

HortonHorton Posts: 24,616 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

schaferskibrainBulldogaupatkingDmaxJC_skipgmooreLovellfox197pvysohlidDaveDwtrskiorNandoMattPAlvin_Neffkstateskierskiermanbrad[Deleted User]santangeloBruce_Butterfielddislandrockdoglakeaustinskier

Comments

• skibrainskibrain Posts: 924 Crazy Baller
    Great stuff John. Thanks for doing this.
    And to Denny, I'm a huge fan!
  • klindyklindy Posts: 1,989 Mega Baller
    Thanks @Horton! Great interview. Have more respect for Denny Kidder now than ever. And I have an old Kidder Redline packed away along with an old pair of Kidder jumpers. Still ski on a KD7000 trick ski!

It's was awesome to be TC for Nate's first record too!
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 947 Mega Baller
    how many times can I hit "Awesome"?
  • DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 345 Solid Baller
    I've heard lots about Denny over the years how down to earth, and what a good guy he is, and the proof is right there. I started on a redline and moved to another, then to a KD7000 slalom. Been a huge fan of his products for going on 30 years. Great stuff @Horton !
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,832
    Man, that was a really great interview. Really, really cool.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    Listening to the wind in the back ground, reminded me why there is no "Test Lake" at D3............ Ellensburg, the Windy City!
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 24,616 Administrator
    Hang on you guys. If you really love it there is a longer version. This version is WAY longer than it should be but I have another 20 or 30 minutes of footage.

I will publish the uncut version sooner or later.

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

• JibboJibbo Posts: 114 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Great video, interesting to hear what happened with his companies and how they evolved- Kidder, KD and now D3.
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 968 Solid Baller
    Fantastic Video!! thanks @Horton!!!!
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • kstateskierkstateskier Posts: 524 Solid Baller
    Fantastic video! The Helix is my first D3 ski but I'm quickly becoming a Denny Kidder fan. I have a feeling I'll be on D3 skis for many years to come. Thanks for posting this.
    KStateSkier
    Bradley Beach - Lone Rock Ski Club, Missouri
    2004 Malibu Response LXI, 2014 D3 Helix 66"
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,072 Mega Baller
    Very cool interview. I didn't know that Stinger was a Denny Kidder company. I am curious what type of skier was Denny in his younger days? I am always interested in what drives people to do what he has done and what type of skiing expertise is needed to design excellent skis.
    Mark Shaffer
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,721 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    KD sponsored our collegiate team to the tune of "EP" pricing on everything they made including skis and Blindside boards. I remember getting KD7000's with bindings and bag for about $350. This was huge for a small team trying to stay afloat.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,186 Crazy Baller
    Really well done, John. Thank you. I've been on Denny's skis since 1980 (Stinger jumpers) followed by Kidder slaloms. That is the first time I've ever heard Denny speak about his companies and skis and it just makes me want to stay on his product even more.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
  • D-LawD-Law Posts: 51 Baller
    I was absolutely glued to the screen watching that. Thanks for doing the video John. I learned more in that 30 minutes (and the factory tour) than I have over the entire 45+ years I've been skiing. Denny and his amazing journey is one of the reasons I am fascinated with our little niche sport. Keep up the good work!
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 155 Baller
    Great interview. Really enjoyed it.
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,186 Crazy Baller
    @Horton - how about an interview of Will Bush? Ski design, speed control, driving. Would also be interesting.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
  • HortonHorton Posts: 24,616 Administrator
    @jimbrake YouTube will not accept videos that long

Reflex / Radar /Stokes