Quantum trick ski rear binding plate hole pattern?

gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 634 Solid Baller
Just ordered a real tick ski :)

It made the wallet a bit to thin so I decided to save on rear binding.
A friend will cut out a rear binding plate for me and I have the rubber (he needs to do this before I get the ski)
So far so great.
However I just realized that the hole pattern has changed 2014. :|
http://www.quantumskis.com/products/copy-of-dynamic-rear-trick-plate-plate-with-footbed-version-2

I would be grateful if anybody could provide the CC (Diameter) on the holes for the mount to the ski (is the diameter 7,5" ?)

Life is too short not to enjoy every day!

Comments

• andjulesandjules Posts: 622 Crazy Baller
    edited June 2015
    Could someone also comment on which hole patterns are compatible with D3 tricks skis and the Radar Graviton?
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,843 Mega Baller
    @andjules I can't comment on the Radar but the D3 doesn't come pre drilled for a rear binding you locate your own spot and drill your own holes to mount the rear toe.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 150 Baller
    Order the one that fits. I lost 1 on the bottom of the lake trying to figure out where I wanted placement. I ended up ordering one from Bennetts. It will save time and money in the long run.

Jeff Lindsey
  • mlusamlusa Posts: 27 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Call Masterline and order just the plate. You can mount your rubber binding to the plate. Trying to make your own plate is way to much work and you won't have the right adjustments. The plate isn't expensive.
  • MopedMedicksMopedMedicks Posts: 16 Baller
    Our team would recommend you make your own.

Making your own plate will allow you to get your ankles closer together - this greatly enhances stability on the ski and eases the "new trick" learning curve.
  • mlusamlusa Posts: 27 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @mopedmedicks, @gsm_peter Many of today's best trickers are separating their feet for hands for more stability and leverage. It's similar to wakeboarding and why Harley Clifford rides with such a wide stance. You can create more leverage and have less tip and tail movement. You should get the right plate and experiment. The plate has lots of adjustment holes to allow for experimentation. Modified plates can also void the warranties of many companies. The holes on the Quantum plate are spread apart at 7.5".
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 634 Solid Baller
    Tanks all
    At the moment the new stuff budget is low.
    Also few plates available in Sweden....

The plate is ready to be cut out using my buddys watercutting NC machine.
    Just a small adjustment in the CAD data.
    Cutting time is fast.

Tanks for advice to mount a bit apart!

Life is too short not to enjoy every day!