Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fluid Motion Hardshell for Trick

arigold22arigold22 Posts: 37 Baller
I am getting pretty tired of having an incredibly short trick set due to a foot cramp. I have a size 11-12 foot and ride a 43" D3 custom X with an XL Wiley wrap. One of my roommates has a Fluid Motion hardshell and she really likes it. I am considering getting one but am a broke college student and don't have a huge budget. I'm not sure how important releasing from the ski is but what other features are worth spending the extra money on? And does anyone know which binding I should go with? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• KrleeKrlee Posts: 533 Solid Baller
    My wife and I both use the Fluid Motion trick boot. She has a release, I don't. Both are set up with 4 buckles. I like the extra one over the ankle for extra support.
  • arigold22arigold22 Posts: 37 Baller
    @Krlee did you use the REVO direct to plate system? Did you use the binding plate underpad?
    I believe it is the Revo direct to the plate system. There is a pad under the plate to protect the ski and I also have the pad under the heel to make the boot level.
    @Krlee what liner do you have?
    I have an Intuition liner from Fluid Motion.
    @krlee thanks for all the information
  • JWebSkiJWebSki Posts: 90 Baller
    just ordered the FM revo toe clamp system for my trick ski
    @Jwebski sweet! Let me know what you think of it
  • JWebSkiJWebSki Posts: 90 Baller
    @arigold22 first set on the new boot and I landed a flip for the first time ever! I definitely love it. It's comfortable and much more responsive than my strada binding I was using before
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 523 Water Ski Industry Professional
    edited July 2015
    @arigold22 check out the OB4 system for tricks, and there may even still be a broke college student discount... My daughter used the system all through college and she tricks over 3000 pts...
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    @JWebSki Thats awesome! I ended up getting one. I am really happy with it! Finally I end my trick sets because the people in the boat are getting tired of watching me trick instead of not being able to feel my foot. I have also been sticking more flips which is a plus