Nautique Game Changer

GlockGlock Posts: 192 Baller
Just saw on the Nautique website and the Facebook page that they are announcing a "game changer" on 7/17. Let the speculation begin. New tournament ski boat perhaps?

Comments

• webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,067 Mega Baller
    It's hard to see, but if you look really closely, you can see that the "g" is highlighted red. My guess is something with the G-series boats....but I've also heard speculation on the 2016 ski boats as well.

MattPNick SullivanTexas6E_T
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,188 Administrator
    edited July 2015
    I know nothing and do not expect a 200 replacement but I would not fall out of my chair if it is a new 3 event boat. Is about time.

@Jody_Seal knows and I am sure he will not spill it. Anyone have good blackmail on Jody?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• AndreAndre Posts: 1,172 Crazy Baller
    edited July 2015
    196 MS Limited Edition. 6.2 engine.
    It rocks!

But i think it's a surf boat.Again...
    HortonMS
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,648
    Yeah imagine a cheaper new 196 option, that would be interesting.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• WaternutWaternut Posts: 1,511 Crazy Baller
    Probably be more likely to abandon 3 event completely in favor of wakeboarding and V-drives than see a sub $45k boat again from the top 3 manufacturers.
    @ozski would you care to make a bet on that possibility?

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    Highly doubt it's 196. That's not a game changer. It's been done.

An entry level wake boat has also been done by mc and Malibu . So not really a game changer either.

A world class all event boat would be a game changer. But don't see how that is possible.
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    steer by wire -aka gps & accelerometer controlled steering. also utilizes an as yet unrevealed mechanical feedback method for instantly detecting velocity change. full disclosure will follow filing of patent applications.
    Waternut
    @mwetskier that tech is coming & has been under dev for a few years

I'm thinking its power plant related. Hybrid , V6 , electric?

What ever happened to that electric 196? Collecting dust somewhere ? It's been 4 years.
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,377 Mega Baller
    edited July 2015
    Likely just overhyping the introduction of the gdi engines and the largely imaginary fuel savings that come with that technology.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    rockdogaupatking
  • webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,067 Mega Baller
    I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see smaller displacement engines with more power and better fuel economy.
    @webbdawg99 I know for a fact the smaller engine options are coming to the sport but can they push a 200? That boat is so much better with the 6.0 compared to the 5.7.

It would require an efficient hull. That would be a whole new boat.

Broussard
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,648
    @Horton - Nope Its morning here and that was a pre coffee post. But thinking back 2 years you heard next to nothing about the Carbon Pro, now they are clearly getting traction in the market and I think there is room in the Nautique line up for a cheaper entry level boat.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

@ozski I would like to see it but doubt it

• MSMS Posts: 5,156 Mega Baller
    edited July 2015
    http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Comp_Boat&postid=32944
    Tim has a 16 ordered already so who knows. I did hear that there was a hull change announcement at Nats but??
    Shut up and ski
  • east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 595 Solid Baller
    Love me some Stubb's BBQ.

/oh, and the boat. Yeah, it's a G wakeboard boat.
    //more BBQ, please.
    Perpetual Longline Baller. Tyler Ski Club, Tyler, Texas.
    My real name is in my profile.

www.tylerskiclub.com
    I don't know what they could really do to the g series. They already have a 21, 23 and 25. And those boats are pretty dialed.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,205 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I heard on PN they are making big updates to the G. Could just be the new engines though?
    Scott Calderwood
    igkya
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,059 Mega Baller
    I heard new engines for 2016
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,352 Mega Baller
    Are they making an announcement AT Stubb's BBQ? Not sure I see the connection, but I have been there and even as a not-very-big-BBQ-guy, I was quite impressed. Austin has great food for sure.

Oh man, now you've got me thinking of the Iron Cactus, which I freakin' love, and I even heard there's a waterski connection there? I am pretty sure my Iron Cactus shirt that says something about how life is too short for bad tequila, is the only alcohol-themed shirt I have ever owned.

Yeah, yeah, I'm veering off-topic, but nobody has any actual info about this Nautique thing anyhow.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • dthatedthate Posts: 140 Baller
    Than_Bogan as you know Stubbs is a Hot Spot for BBQ and live music, Sail n Ski is one of the top if not the top Nautique dealership, I think they may have something to do with it, I will be checking on it tomorrow.
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,546 Mega Baller
    Marine specific engine? Wasn't it mercury that announced that for there IOs
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,796 Mega Baller
    16 1/2ft convertible bow that weighs just under 2,000lbs with the trailer, and is powered by a direct drive 2.5 liter aluminum 4cyl that makes 225hp. Super hole shot, top speed of 48mph, center pylon, seats 6 with the bow open, and burns 3 gallons of regular fuel per hour.
    Gonna need 5 huge tracking fins to keep that boat on track !
    B_S
    It seems to me the a BBQ joint is not where you show off a slalom boat

Than_Bogan
  • E_TE_T Posts: 597 extraterrestrial trouble maker
    It will be a 20 foot G boat and a redesign of the 230 hull... But what do i know I'm a alien
    E.T. phone home!
    I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM
  • PorkfightPorkfight Posts: 180 Baller
    Whatever it is, it's going to be less impressive than the hype they are trying to generate.

196 "R" with a walk-through open now? That'll be $60,000 please.
    animal