Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting skis Shipped to Cyprus is HARD

PhilSymoPhilSymo Posts: 49 Baller
right now i am trying to get a DECENT quote to get a ski (or skis) shipped from the USA to Cyprus... does ANY on know of a decent method that isn't going to cost me almost what a ski does!

Comments

• evolskievolski Posts: 58 Baller
    try myusa.com. They are a consolidated shipper. They have quoting on the website. It may look like you can only use their merchants but you can actually ship anything legal. If you use them let me know. I know the investor and would like to give feed back.
    PhilSymo
  • PhilSymoPhilSymo Posts: 49 Baller
    and just an idea, but what size package do you think i have been putting 70 inches by 10 by 10.. weight of around 10-15 lbs (not that this matters as the volumetric weight is HUGE)
    DHL Express 1 - 4 business days $254.80
    FedEx Priority 1 - 4 business days $284.81
    FedEx Economy 5 - 10 business days $292.84
    UPS Worldwide Saver 1 - 4 business days $619.18
    UPS Expedited 2 - 8 business days $451.16

the quotes i got... which isnt bad actually
    but i Know Schnitz SOME how ships here for less than 200 USD
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
    @PhilSymo Do you have any friends traveling state side and could bring it back on a plane? Shipping is always cheaper if you have a cooperate account and are high volume. Know anyone with a cooperate account in Cyprus or the US?
    I am Guessing that how Schnitz does it @MattP ... but no... no one i know is traveling soon, plus burdening them with my new pride and joy... its coming from CA if any one cares to guess what it is BTW
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
    Several years ago I shipped a slalom course to Cyprus, to a guy in a helicopter wing of the RAF stationed on Cyprus. He made the connections for me to ship it to a US Air Force base on the East Coast, from there the USAF took it to a base in England (forgot the name), transferred it to the RAF, who put it on a C-130 to Cyprus. Absolutely no help to you I'm sure but a pretty cool, low shipping cost solution for the purchaser.
    Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com
  • Jim NeelyJim Neely Posts: 291 Baller
    Most slalom boxes are 10x8. That difference seems small but I have found that 10x10 vs 10x8 makes a big difference in price.
    68" Vapor
    @Ed_Obermeier i remember that well, You see i am EX RAF, and was a VERY active member of that waterski club, which sadly now is on its knees... still have friends there and its more like a wakeboard club and inflatable rides... shame, but hey ho... and yes helps absolutist zero, more over i have an APO address i am able to use for some small items, but the box out sizes their rules and regs... damn.
    Ed_Obermeier