Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CHECK YO $#!T

skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,176 Open or 55K Rated Skier
I would like to put up a little reminder thread for all the ballers out there. First I should say....yes I am a retard. Admitting the problem is the first step to recovery. Little brief history....week before Nats' on the '16 vapor, I was skiing extremely well and looking forward to a chance to run some bouys with the MM boys and possibly medal. Looking back I recall my ski slipping out of my hand and hitting the ground (only about a 6" drop). This was just before nats while I was packing my ski. Nats was definately sub par ([email protected]). Ski felt loose on offside- just wouldn't turn. Came home and tried a new boot set up, ski just felt different, I chalked it up to a different binding set up. Cottonwood tourney sat and Sunday, I switched back to old faithful boots and figured all would be well, Missed 39 round 1. Meh!!!!!! Frustration. Thank goodness Springs asked what numbers I was running- took out the calipers and checked it. Fin was short and shallow (perfect little adjustment from a drop on hard ground). It all makes sense now. Put the fin back to stock settings and proceeded to run [email protected] last round Saturday. Sunday was even better with a 2, 1.5 & 4 @ 41. Now I will say that the conditions were as close to perfect as they have ever been @cottonwood (95 air/85 water) and the Centurion was running both days-so everyone was killing it. Any way to sum it up nice and neat: Hello My name is Ward and I'm a total RETARD well on my way to 12 bouys of recovery. Looking forward to the rest of the fall tournaments on the new Vapor. Also looking forward to the BOS handicapped in October. Don't be a RETARD-Check Yo $#!T!

p.s. If you haven't entered the BOS cash prize tourney, get in while you still can. I need more people to help me make fun of @horton all weekend.
Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
Hortonthagerusaski1BulldogBroussardski6jones

Comments

• webbdawg99webbdawg99 Posts: 1,067 Mega Baller
    edited August 2015
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 157 Baller
    Hello: My name is Jeff... I told Trent it is a struggle to run 28 and 32.. I am just working way toooo hard. Trent said did you check your fin??? It was the longest and deepest Trent had ever measured. I too am in a 12 bouy recovery program. Thanks Dawg for giving me the courage to tell my story. I just thought I was a dumb 3 eventer..

Jeff

Wish I could ski the BOS but I have annual company meeting that weekend. Tina will be there to help you out.
    usaski1
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,673 Administrator
    Company Meeting? BOOOOOO!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

skidawg
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,059 Mega Baller
    @Horton lay off him, this is your company meeting :)
    @aupatking yes it is and @Moskier3ev should be there :)

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

aupatking
  • MSMS Posts: 4,899 Mega Baller
    I know lots of people that never look at the fin. They always just go ski and if they have issues they tell themselves that its the Indian and not the arrow.
    Shut up and ski
    @MS I always check my fin more often when you are around

MSwebbdawg99Keith Menard
    Smart move.
    Shut up and ski
    skidawgKeith Menard
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    We should probably elect a BOS board of directors at the BOS Cash Prize. Then we really can tell @Horton what to do!
    Jim Ross
    Great that is exactly what we need. I nominate @ms for COB (chairman of beer)

MS
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,321 Mega Baller
    I second the nomination and add a motion that the COB pay for each participant's chosen beverage (and quantity)
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,176 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    As long as @MS brings the IPA selection from his southern canadian area, they are stacked with hops up there!
    Keith Menard
    edited August 2015
    I accept the nomination but make a motion to turn down @Bruce_Butterfield motion unless everyone likes Busch light.
    Shut up and ski
  • AndyAndy Posts: 211 Baller
    Who will be Kepler of the Kilo?
  • AndyAndy Posts: 211 Baller
    Kepler, keeper...autocorrect...fail...
    Panda please
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,723 Mega Baller
    Bumped my fin on Sat hopping onto the floating dock. I didn't check it, just went out and skied. Tied my PB off the dock (practice). I guess I may have been a little too deep, eh? Maybe I should just tighten the fin clamp screws and keep it right here... ;-)
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
    Come on @MS! What happened to that Southern Canadian hospitality? I may have to take back all the nice things I've said about you.
    @MS @Bruce_Butterfield @Horton - funny how it seems all my threads re direct towards hops n barley??? Maybe I need a different 12 steps program?
    rawly
    @Bruce_Butterfield My taste quality has put a dent in my wallet. $10-14 a 6 pack is a killer.
    Shut up and ski
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,723 Mega Baller
    edited October 2015
    New ski. 5 sets into it, and things aren't going as well as the first couple of awesome sets. I asked @skidawg for advice. Checked my fin. It was off from my initial settings. They are reset and I can't wait to give them a go tomorrow. Also, noticed that the fin block mounting screws (the ones that mount the block to the ski tail) were a bit loose. Tightened those up, too. So, yep, check often and check the block, too.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,059 Mega Baller
    Every year some A-hole posts, on this one or another thread just like it, to check your settings often. This year, I’m the proud owner of that distinction. I’ve been struggling to get through some passes I run, one with ease. I posted a decent tournament score, for me, at the first tournament of the year, so didn’t think much of it, until last weekend, I bombed a tournament, not running my every day practice opener. I was so bummed, I came home and checked my fin settings. It was off by a couple thousandths in length, a few in depth, maybe 1 or 2 in DFT. Nothing big, but maybe all together, enough to make a difference. I reset it and ran a set that was better, but still not what I’m happy with. This morning I took my tape out and measured distance from FB to Tail. Whoa, I’m way off. Oh yeah, I took this plate off my other ski and I put that new 840 release on this plate and on my other ski. I don’t remember ever checking the distance. Put it back to where it’s supposed to be, even is marked on my Mikro-just. This evening, straight up the line.
    Check yo $#!t. It works
    hemlockskihartskidawgWaterSkier12
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,084 Mega Baller
    Be sure to check your wing screws while you're at it. This didn't go well for me on Monday.

Is it time to ski, yet?
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 395 Crazy Baller
    You all aren't mentally challenged...you just aren't very good....I can run 15 off at 26mph no matter WHAT fin is set at!
  • kckc Posts: 98 Baller
    What @dchristman said! A couple of years ago an apparent loose front wing screw came out causing my wing to drop 90° during a 35 off pass. Result? A two nights hospital stay for a collapsed lung!
    Lars
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 530 Solid Baller
    @Moskier3ev

You should weld it in place. See you next week
    Keith Menard
    @dchristman you have to learn not to take @adamcaldwell’s advice so seriously. He does occasionally have some really crazy ideas.
    dchristmanDaveD