Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burdick and Cord talk about the Denali

HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Tagged:
WishskibumsamBulldogozskiEd_Johnsonwebbdawg99HortonSteven HainesAlvin_NeffswerveitMattP

Comments

• WishWish Posts: 7,316 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I kinda feel like I did not learn much. Mostly cause you could feel Adam's brain spin up like a 747 jet engine with millions technical thought explanations at the ready but reality struck and all stopped while he pondered these thoughts......"Why even try. Non of them accept a few will even understand what I'm talking about. I'll just say 'science' over and over and see how that goes." With what little bit he did say...very intriguing..and maybe that is marketing genius.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    adamhcaldwellAdamCord
  • pgmoorepgmoore Posts: 193 Solid Baller
    That was cool. Just enough information to get a person very interested.

Awesome to see a couple guys doing their own thing and designing something unique.

It's an exciting time for water skiing products.
    Patrick Moore
    WishBill22
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator
    @wish I talk to @AdamCord all the time. No idea what he is talking about most of the time but it is entertaining

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,019 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Somewhere along the way Adamx2 explained they started on this journey because they really just wanted to understand how skis worked and how to build a better one. They had tons of questions which led to tons of ideas the wanted to test. The did not set out to start a ski company - it was an obsessive hobby. Even now they are not really marketing. They do think its time to let others try it and see what a wider test team thinks. After that we will see where things go. I love trying new skis and offered to ride one and fortunately Caldwell agreed. It is really interesting and different. It likes to get wide and stay wide. It rips turns. I need to dial in the set up before I am really comfortable on it (1.5 rides thus far) but they are definitely onto something.
    E_TadamhcaldwellCaleBurdick[Deleted User]bojans
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,172
    "That's there to control the tunnel volume" -Adam Cord
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
    edited September 2015
    What sizes will be produced? Another MOASS company only makes their skis in 1 size and says it "fits all". Same logic? @CaleBurdick @AdamCord @adamhcaldwell
  • CaleBurdickCaleBurdick Posts: 57 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @MattP a bigger size is being made too. At this point it is kind of a 68 inch. I'm not sure what @adamcaldwell has planned for different sizes other than the 66 and 68(a big 67)
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
  • adamhcaldwelladamhcaldwell Posts: 418 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @AdamCord may be the master at talking without explaining anything.
    WishHorton
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,043 Mega Baller
    @adamhcaldwell That's a surprisingly useful skill for an engineer who finds himself on the business side of things! I'm still working on it.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    adamhcaldwell
    Incite!? Freudian slip, perhaps. You guys do seem to be inciting a revolution!
    Thats so thick that without reading it first, I thought it was the bench top. Dang... And all the while other ski companies are playing with thinner sidewalls in the tail.
  • adamhcaldwelladamhcaldwell Posts: 418 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Depending on feedback, we might move the 67 to 68", and then plan interpolate the data to scale out a 65".
    @adamhcaldwell I've always wondered to what extent one length of a ski is simply a scale transform of another size, vs. what is related to the properties of the real world and must NOT change scale for a different length of ski.

An example might be if you've placed some kind of dimples on the ski bottom to cause the water to do something. If you scaled the size of those dimples along with the ski, it's possible they would behave quite differently.

If it's pure scale transform, then making different lengths skis is relatively straightforward. (Or I guess I should say designing them would be trivial; making them is a different issue.)

But if not, then a new size of ski could involve a ton of additional research to get right.

Not sure you can comment on that on this forum, but I'm interested in whatever you can say.
    Ed_JohnsonJordan
  • Mateo_VargasMateo_Vargas Posts: 805 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I've had the same questions regarding scaling since I've been riding 68"s. The course doesn't get scaled up so how do you make a 68" that turns like a 66"?
    Success is failure that just hasn't happened yet
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,665 Administrator
    @Mateo Vargas it the same idea as "Jumbo Shrimp"

• JordanJordan Posts: 1,021 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    "shrink it and pink it!"
    Ooh, a better name than A-hole (if you can believe that's possible):

A Squared -- taking your skiing into the 4th dimension! :smile:
    Wish
  • AdamCordAdamCord Posts: 600 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Wish thanks for the kind words, one of my good friends texted me after seeing that video to say I should probably hire a PR person to talk for me...

@adamhcaldwell you have said enough. @everyone else...ignore him, he's crazy.
    @AdamCord Where do I apply for the job..?