Fresh Air Exhaust

Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
Installed this today on my 2015 Prostar. Amazing! From behind the boat is silent. It is also much quieter inside. Really cool. Will report back on ski performance once I get a chance to ski it.

Jim Ross
WishThan_BoganBulldogozskiHortonSkoot1123

Comments

• dtm8119dtm8119 Posts: 165 Baller
    Interested to hear how the boat skis with it!

Dan Cloutier
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 780 Solid Baller
    I installed one on my 2007 lxi. The Hole shot was significantly reduced. That may have been due to the altitude here though. The wake was not effected as far as I could tell. Great for all around noise reduction and fume reduction when surfing though.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    My ProStar has a 6.2L so power won't be an issue. It didn't look like the wake was impacted. The noise reduction both inside and outside the boat was remarkable. I will feel less bad about my early morning ski sets knowing I'm not making quite so much noise.
    Jim Ross
    Than_BoganWish
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,353 Mega Baller
    If we want our sport to survive on public lakes, noise reduction is huge!

I look forward to more reports.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    schafer
  • jackskijackski Posts: 263 Baller
    All the little tiny old fishing boat motors going out at 5:30 and 6:00 in the morning are louder that our boats. Had one this morning at 5:45am the guys were screaming to talk to each other. That said the new motors are quiet.
    Jack
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    When I was standing on the dock and he went out if the hole I could hear the water breaking off the bow louder than the exhaust. I could t believe it.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,039 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    You should send a note of excitement out to your lake association about this cool new product you bought to reduce the impact of your boat on others. Then they know the guy who runs the buoys all the time is making an effort and will probably take notice.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    drewski32liquid d
  • xratedxrated Posts: 506 Solid Baller
    I love the sound of any boat motor on the lake while laying in bed...except jet skis.

That looks good Razor.
    PeterAK
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,378 Mega Baller
    The gearhead in me hates that they fire opposing banks straight into each other at the T junction.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    jayskiPorkfightE_TKeith Menard
  • WishWish Posts: 7,721 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @oldjeep isnt your description that of every SN going waaay back?
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    BulldogBroussard
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,004 Crazy Baller
    @Razorskier1 any chance of a quick phone vid of the sound?? would love to hear / see that.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,378 Mega Baller
    @wish I'd have to find a picture, but I suspect that nautiques 2-1 exhaust is a y pipe.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • WayneWayne Posts: 453 Baller
    @oldjeep is it an issue when there is negative pressure at the outlet? There is video of the FAE pipe run vertical and open to atmosphere and the water passing the opening "sucks" air out of the pipe. Granted when the boat is taking off from a stand still this effect will not be in play. I don't see it really effective performance above some critical speed where the water flow generates enough negative pressure to overcome the "poor routing".
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,321 Crazy Baller
    Nauriques 2-1 exhaust is within the muffler. Two in, one out.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    I have a hammerhead in the boat and there was certainly less hole shot. Not an issue just an observation. Short end set up was just a little later to settle.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,039 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    That 6.2 Prostar RIPs out of the hole so it may make her a little more friendly.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,175 Crazy Baller
    Is the hole shot less powerful because of the excess drag or restriction of the exaust and the engine having trouble breathing?
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,649
    I saw something fitted to a Nautique in Europe back in the 90's which was just rubber pipe fitted to the tail pipe, it redirected the sound down rather than out the back. From memory it worked really well.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,189
    Restriction on exhaust flow
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    ski6jones
  • PBDPBD Posts: 190 Baller
    Any thoughts on back pressure issues?
  • WishWish Posts: 7,721 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    cost?
    installation..easy, hard?
    Have a Bu on my lake that could really use one.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    I will ski and drive it tomorrow and let you know. Cost around $500. Install easy.
    Jim Ross
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,198 Administrator
    I heard a story many many years ago of a boat where the exhaust hose was extended another 5 feet behind the boat. Not sure this makes sense but the story was that it was crazy quite.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• ozskiozski Posts: 1,649
    I've heard the argument the the submarine exhaust protects the wake surfers from ingesting too many fumes, probably a valid point. Fumes would probably stay under water for about 10.75m or so....
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

Raining this morning. No test yet.
    Jim Ross
  • LarsLars Posts: 151 Baller
    edited September 2015
    @Razorskier1 Well great, now how am I supposed to hear when you guys are done at the course?? ;)

Seriously though, Monday morning we were waiting to go until we finally just went down to the dock and saw you had quietly come back already.
    dchristman
    @Lars. Is this Dave or Joe? It is my effort to keep peace and keep my course permit!
    Jim Ross
    Wish
    The noise reduction is fantastic. People say my boat is louder coming towards them than going away when I have the Fresh Air attached.
    RazorRoss3Wish
  • LarsLars Posts: 151 Baller
    @Razorskier1 this is joe. Hoping to get dave in the course at some point!