Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003 Obrien mapple

SkiNautique7SkiNautique7 Posts: 2 Baller
edited September 2015 in Skis Fins Bindings
I have a 68" 2003 Obrien Mapple slalom ski and I weigh around 180. I'm looking to find the binding placement and fin settings for the ski. If you have any suggestions it would be great if you could comment and help me out. Thanks!

Comments

• lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,124 Mega Baller
    Yellow with black?
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 270 Solid Baller
    @skiNautique7, I have all the numbers for this ski because I am riding it now. I have them at my office and I will give them to you on Monday.
    Talk to you on Monday
    Than_Bogan
  • A_BA_B Posts: 3,934 Mega Baller
    Here is some info. Sounds like a typical AM fin setup, so would assume good place to start.

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1119

• HortonHorton Posts: 25,176 Administrator
    That ski is a classic. Put it on the wall. Cherish it. Ski on anything else.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Okay, I got through my email and here is the exact words Andy himself gave me when I asked him these numbers :
    "The settings for that ski should be a little deeper to control the aggressive roll the ski has in its design: 6.850, 2.515, 0.80, and boots at 30"-30.25"
    I started slaloming 2 years ago (I am 59years old 6'2'' and 175pound), I am skiing on Lake of Geneva in Switzerland and I am loving it even I run the course at 30mph. I tried 32mph and 34mph (my goal) and I can feel the ski like the speed and it react better at 34mph than 30mph.
    I still have at my office the stock setting and I will put them tomorrow.
    I wish you a great ski with that ski, so stable when crossing the wake and it is kind of "collector" if I follow John Horton's comment.
    SkiNautique7
    Good morning,
    For @SkiNautique7
    I have the numbers for the ski : deep, 2.510 - long, 6.850 - from tail, 0.850 - binding, 30 1/4
    these are the standar fin setting given by O'brien and Andy Mapple. On my previous message, I wrote the numbers Andy gave me 2 years ago when I asked him. I run the ski with Andy's setting and I feel nice. Regardless of other people says about old material, I don't think skiing with a bran new ski with change radicaly my performances. I believe it is more me and my techniques and stance and so on. And if the new ski are so much better than the day I can change.....it will be even easier. And just for Andy's memory I will run the slalom at 34mph with this ski and the day I will do it I will post a video.
    Cheers and enjoy skiing
    SkiNautique7
  • slowslow Posts: 308 Solid Baller
    It has a bigger spray though. That's got to be worth something.
    Horton
  • SkiNautique7SkiNautique7 Posts: 2 Baller
    Thank you!