Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trick rear toe plate strap

h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 235 Baller
Hey everyone. New to this forum but have been browsing around here for a while looking at the discussions and getting a few pointers. Question I have is about a different rear toe plate for my trick. I have problems keeping my rear foot from flying out on some of my flips I'm practicing and noticed on youtube videos that some guys are using a mini binding or some form of strap around the heel? Any ideas were I can get something like this or if it is even necessary? Endless google searches are coming up empty. I saw this post that Jody_Seal made back a few years ago and seems accurate to what i saw on youtube. "A number of the Pickos group Cory,Adam, Steve-O etc, Use a EVA heal piece. Toe Strap and a ratchet heal piece that Cory gets from ???? on the rear. Steve-O just uses a rear High wrap cut down to fit on the trick ski for his rear boot. " Any tips/links/advice is always much appreciated.

Comments

• Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,319 Mega Baller
    The most common and easiest is to use a bicycle inner tube. Relatively easy and dirt cheap. Some of the really advanced trickers want more and go with more complicated setups.
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
    eleeski
  • slalom frogslalom frog Posts: 103 Baller
    I got some rubber strap material, very similar to that used in bindings. It's about 1.5" wide and 1/8" thick or so. I attached it to the plate using the same screws and plastic pieces that are used to attached the binding rubber to the plate. I can probably get a photo for you tomorrow if that would help.
  • h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 235 Baller
    @Bruce and slalom frog, simpler is definitely better at this stage. I will give the bike tube a try first and if it works good I have some old wakeboard bindings that I could possibly get some rubber material out of. Thanks for the tips!
  • NandoNando Posts: 434 Crazy Baller
    A dive mask strap works pretty well- trim to length and attach with the regular binding screws.
    what are your guys thoughts on the trick wake behind a 2006 SN 196? I have been looking at a few of them and know they would be a good slalom upgrade from my Malibu Response FXi, but I would hate to sacrifice my trick wake just for the slalom benefit.
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,617 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    Malibu without question. The CC wake is so turbulent that your toe tricks will be severely hampered. A few CCs of that vintage were OK (barely) but some were absolutely unskiable. Try before you buy. And if the new boat is not ZO, don't even think about it for a trick boat.

Eric
    good feedback. surprised to hear the turbulence was that bad behind the 196 since there are so many of them out there. the boat does have the hydrogate feature....not sure how much that helps. We really like our Malibu FXi but it is more of a crossover boat and definitely has its pros and cons as well.