Will Asher and Kevin Fennell win their division at the Centurion BallOfSpray Cash Prize

HortonHorton Posts: 24,616 Administrator
edited October 2015 in Breaking News

Head 2 Head
1 Will Asher
2 Stephen Neveu
3 Adam Caldwell
4 Jay Leach
5 Ward Mclain
6 Trent Finlayson
7 Kevin Bishop
8 Lori Krueger

Handicap Group
1 Kevin Fennel
2 Matt Leach
3 Bailey Austin
4 Mark Turner
5 Shawn Boozer
6 Mitch Ross
7 Dylan Melnar
8 Richard Hall

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Barts / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / HO Syndicate

MasterCraft / Masterline / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

Comments

• bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 945 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Skiing with this group was a ton of fun. Skiing the H2H against the Open boys was exciting. A lot of people really stepped up to ski in the wind but the Open guys totally killed it. It was a pleasure to ski against will Asher even if he spanked me by ripping 39 in that 20mph tail wind. I already had huge respect for OM but even more now. We have to do this again
    Beastmode
  • BoneHeadBoneHead Posts: 5,832
    Can you imagine a 50 skier Big Dawg type head to head of combined OM and MM skiers? Straight up last man standing? That'd be pretty cool. And this event proved it could work.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Beastmode
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,269 Mega Baller
    edited October 2015
    Great event @Horton. The lay out of skiing was cool giving everyone a guaranteed 3 sets and the two divisions on Sunday made for an entertaining morning. Between the handicap bracket which was anyone's game to the Masters/open/damn good skiers combined head to head which was super fun to watch. Looking forward to round two!

Also thanks to Aquaplex for providing an amazing site and your hospitality. Your site has some of the best skiing water I've ever riden on!
    dislandBeastmode
  • GOODESkierGOODESkier Posts: 1,107 Crazy Baller
    Wish I were there!
    2003 Nautique 196 LE Star Gazer & ZBox - GOODE NANO OneXT 66.75" - Powershell 5 (LFF) - Tournament PB: 2 Balls @ 39.5' OFF (34.2 MPH) on 7/18/2015 at BIG DAWG BROHO!
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    It was awesome!
    Jim Ross
  • skiwoodyskiwoody Posts: 18 Baller
    Could anyone let me know what the layout of the event was and how the scoring worked? What scores did the OM get? Sounds like it was a really good event! Cheers guys
  • skiwoodyskiwoody Posts: 18 Baller
    @ShaneH thanks mate really appreciate that!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 24,616 Administrator
    Surprisingly @ShaneH got that correct

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

edited October 2015
    @OB1 I would not let things evolve that way. The purpose is fun skiing not pro skiing. I was thrilled to have Will, Trent and Neveu in the event but the people that I care about making happy are the regular Ballers. Considering first place is only $1,500 in each group I'm not very worried about being overrun by pro skiers.

Having Will, T$, and Neveu on site made it more fun for everyone but if there were 20 skiets at his level I think it would swing the other way. One of the jobs of a pro athlete is entertainer. I am sure the Ballers were extremely entertained watching and skiing against Will, Trent and Neveu.

It was fun explaining to the chief judge and #16 seed that he had to go against Will.

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

RazorRoss3[Deleted User]
    It add to what I said above... if I could find funding for a proper pro event I would LOVE to do that too but the two events are different

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

• MAD11MAD11 Posts: 576 Crazy Baller
    Heck don't worry about how many pros show up. Let everyone come. Cap it at 80 entries instead of 40 and we can run both lakes if needed. Crap, did I really just suggest more work?
    skidawgBeastmode
    @MAD11 oh that's close to earning a panda

Reflex / Radar /Stokes

• Ralph LeeRalph Lee Posts: 492
    Anyone have a realistic number to make a pro tournament happen? I'd love to have the pros back in Oregon. I believe the NW could bring in a big crowd! See 41 go down on the home lake.
  • BeastmodeBeastmode Posts: 88 Baller
    2 days late and $1500 short - lol
    I realized from the tourney and listening to people talk who run 38 and 39 that I was reaching for the handle too early and the load was blocking my hips from getting through. So, tonight my only thought was too be very patient and let the ski come around fully and never reach for the handle.
    1set -Ran 22,28,32, and [email protected] off the dock
    Second set 28,32 and 4x [email protected] just inside 4.
    It's funny to figure this after the tournament season is over! Lol
    ToddLThan_Bogan