Is your garage ridiculous

aupatkingaupatking Posts: 947 Mega Baller
Mine is. Bored. It's cold. I hate winter.
davemacWishMISkierAndre6ballsAndyBulldogsmalorart90notchskialexrockdogBill22Skoot1123SkiJayoldjeepMarcoALPJrbogboyB_S

Comments

• WayneWayne Posts: 405 Baller
    We just stuck a hot tub in ours. Add some Kilo Kai and boredom solved.
  • davemacdavemac Posts: 445 Baller
    Digging that orange EP that's holding up the wall....brings back memories
    aupatkingRAK
  • WishWish Posts: 7,071 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    That is not ridiculous. That is awesome. And a bubble back 196 is lerking somewhere on property.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    aupatking
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 947 Mega Baller
    edited January 2016
    @davemac I love that Orange EP. I don't know why. I hooked up the blue EP with an O'Brien Force 5 boot and HO RTP. I'm going to put on a spring tournament for myself and friends (who won't sue me) and round 2 everyone rides the "Mullet". That EP is the Mullet. From the 80's and business on top, party on the bottom.
    davemac
    @Wish it's slalom tug season. Any day warm enough to ski, is still too cold for the wife to want to go for a boat ride = no back seat
    phauswirth
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,033 Mega Baller
    @aupatking, I skied on an EP Super 2 until 2005. I bought it used around 1980. I may have even had a mullet-esque haircut for a year in there somewhere. Now, I can only barely remember having enough hair to pull that off.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    aupatking
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,721 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    That rocks...I've got two SUV's in mine with snow in the lugs melting onto the floor. Cool historic collection you've got there.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    aupatking
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,309 Crazy Baller
    I see the classic 70's Mach I. I learned to slalom on a Mach I. What ski is on the top right shelf?
    edited January 2016
    @Bill22 Ricky McCormick Cypress Gardens trick ski. The one I learned on. I will never let that one go. I've also got the first HO Mach 1, just not here right now. I want to find a wooden O'Brien Mach One, and stop there, hopefully. I just think the first aluminum top O'Brien Mach 1 is a good looking ski.
    Or the far right? There's a D3 Nomad above the 2 Mapple T2's.
    Yeah the one above the T2's. I one of those T2's your daughters new ski? (I didn't look at them that close)
    @Bill22 It is! I've got her little bitty Reflex boot coming in Monday. I'm hoping we can dial it down enough to release for her, but at 15 mph, it's very likely a non-issue. Now that you mention it, I really wish I had the Nomad leaned out where everyone could see it. That is still a great ski
  • DanoDano Posts: 83 Baller
    F44 craze above the window. I bought one brand new when I was 13. Skied behind my dads 26' cabin cruiser with it. Gave it to my nephew last summer to learn on. Nice and wide makes the deep water starts a breeze for the young ones.
    aupatkingsgreggsmalorozski
    That sounds funny a Reflex for a 9 year old.
    I saw the red and black on the Nomad and thought it was a A3.
    @Dano I bet the F44 Craze is only 2nd to the Concept in Connelly's best selling Skis of all time, only because the Concept ran for 30 years. Everyone had a craze. I know a guy that still has 2. One with each fin option. You're right, great for teaching the smaller ones.
    edited January 2016
    @Bill22 , sir you were not looking at the HO wall. Very corner you find the A3, of course! What, you don't have an HO wall at home? I have a problem
    Chef23
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 968 Solid Baller
    Fantastic garage!!!!! I hate winter too...
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • igkyaigkya Posts: 405 Baller
    @Wayne , why is the hot tub in the garage? It's best used outside, even in winter. I actually use mine more in the colder months.

For everyone else, I understand your hatred for winter, but learn to love (or at least like ) it. Great chance to rest, snow ski, get in shape for next season, drink excessive amounts of beer, ski in extremely cold water, move south, try out new gear, watch football, watch college basketball, etc. ... who do i sound like?
    oldjeep
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,865 Mega Baller

I like the cold. My eternal 53 ford 1 ton project keeps the tuning bench and winter skis company in the back garage. Front garage keeps the boat warm.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    aupatking9400
  • art90notchart90notch Posts: 42 Baller
    @aupatking You may have an addiction.... I can't really call it a problem because you did get me up on a slalom this summer. I bought a ski, then a boat, then another ski, then another... Ok, so I may have the same addiction. There needs to be an a2 over between the a1 and a3..
    You better get that tile put down before spring. You don't want a job like that get in the way of skiing.
    aupatking
  • WayneWayne Posts: 405 Baller
    @igkya it's a cheap one that not rated for tolerating the Michigan winters. We had a really nice HotSprings spa at our old house that I hated to give up but it helped sell the house. Someday I will invest in another nice one, maybe build my boat dock to support the thing and have a lake side hot tub!

I agree, for those that never used one, the winter time is the best. Your hair is frozen but your are warm at the same time.
    Skoot1123
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 989 Mega Baller
    edited January 2016
    Is my garage ridiculous? Why, yes! Yes, it is.... and I'm NOT going to take a picture :)

Wait... which garage? Oh, yeah... they're ALL ridiculous. I have different "departments". The important thing is I make enough room for my wife to park in one of them.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    aupatkingoldjeep
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,073 Mega Baller
    Unfortunately my garage is really small and barely fits my wife's car. My car and the boat have to winter outside. It was worth the trade off to get the house on the lake we ski on though.

@aupatking my son was on a Reflex when he was 9. He was skiing faster than 15 as he reached max speed but we never had any trouble with it. We used it for both trick and slalom for him and he is still using Reflex now at 17.
    Mark Shaffer
    aupatking
    @Chef23 thanks for the info. We're gonna do a good bit of dry-land testing but she likes to put mine on, on my balance board/Reflex tester.
    @Bill22 I'm 1 1/2 pallets into tiling the whole house, 1 1/2 to go. Right now the car and boat are outside too. That stuff is cluttering up my ski shop
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 989 Mega Baller
    Does anyone have a need for a 6 foot tall rat cage? Right now it has some spare bindings piled on it and I hang wet wetsuits on it when I get home from the lake. Yes, ridiculous... absolutely.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    Than_Bogan
  • dbskidbski Posts: 201 Crazy Baller
    @0ldjeep love the efie! Please tell me your not putting a chevy in it.
    Rick Bohn
    edited January 2016
    @dbski It has a 460/C6 combo. Although the front frame section and IFS are C30 parts as is the 14 bolt rear. I don't hate myself enough to try to put in a ford IFS.
    Chuck P
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,073 Mega Baller
    @oldjeep I love your tuning station. I have a very ghetto one in my basement but it is nothing like that. I used to do a lot of ski tuning in my younger days but now I just try to make sure they slide and have an edge.
    Mark Shaffer
    aupatking
    @Chef23 I got bored last winter and decided to get artistic with it - had a bunch of extra cedar laying around. It works well, but not any better than a board with a couple vises mounted to it.
    Chuck P