Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any of these at the boat shows?

WishWish Posts: 7,317 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<

Comments

• rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    edited January 2016
    someone somewhere posted a pic of it at a boat show. I believe that exact same one in the video. don't recall which show
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 749 Crazy Baller
    I can guarantee you it won't be at the Central Florida boat show. They can't even bother bringing a Ski Nautique at that terrible show.
    brody
  • WishWish Posts: 7,317 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Orlando76 sad but true. I stopped going to that one a decade ago. I've even been handed tickets. It used to be a great one.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 3,977 Mega Baller
    edited January 2016

BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 235 Baller
    @richarddoane , thats a neat concept. looking forward to seeing the finished product display.
  • wilecoyotewilecoyote Posts: 164 Baller
    I gotta ask, how did you get your boat off the trailer and on to the lift?
  • wilecoyotewilecoyote Posts: 164 Baller
    Never mind, I just now noticed the fork lifts LOL.
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    There is an NXT 20 on my lake
    Jim Ross
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 694 Baller
    @richarddoane, nice M.C., and basta lift and motorized cover set up.
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    @Razorskier1 the outboard edition ? I thought only one has been built
  • Ski_DadSki_Dad Posts: 270 Baller
    edited January 2016
    i saw an NXT20 at our boat show - it was a v-drive though - an outboard would be sweet and right up my alley - not sure if i think 175 HP is enough for a 3000 lb hull - my hull is 1300 lbs and i run a 125 and that is just enough - i would go for the 225. I like Mercury but I would put an Evinrude on it - 2 stroke all the way baby !!

where's the rear pylon ?
  • Razorskier1Razorskier1 Posts: 3,425 Mega Baller
    Nope. Standard inboard engine. Big, deep boat for only being 20 feet. I don't understand the appeal of an outboard on a boat that most people will surf behind.
    Jim Ross
  • ejjejj Posts: 77 Baller
    I think the boat is intended for a salt water environment. And overseas, where outboards are everywhere.
    Mastercraft81SnSBill22
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 235 Baller
    this past weekend the show in rochester ny had a prostar, i think its been 10 years since i saw a ski boat there,
  • akale15akale15 Posts: 143 Baller
    was just at the boat show in Louisville this past weekend....no ski boats there either by any of the big 3. asked a guy from malibu if they took a response to any show...im not even sure they know they make anything other than a wakeboarding caliber boat
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 321 Baller
    Just have to ask, is anyone on here going to buy a ski boat from, or because they saw it at a boat show? Logic tends to say no, and they know that, we already know more about the boats than the dealers, and what our preference is, as well as have expectations and knowledge of deals better than boat show specials.
    Bill22akale15
    the prostar is my dream next boat, i was pretty stoked to go through it as I've never seen one in person, going to be a few more years though.
    and as a matter of fact i got my first ski boat because of a boat show, i was sitting in a 98 malibu sportster that i couldn't afford and the dealer says he'll make me a smoking deal on a leftover tantrum, and for some reason the wife let me do it, that was a great little boat.
    Wisheleeski
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,225 Crazy Baller
    @richarddoane Any more pics of the motorized canopy? Video?
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 321 Baller
    Went to the DFW boat show this weekend, there is a beautiful Prostar at Texas Mastercraft booth, and Buxton has an open bow Nautique 200. The DFW boat show goes again this weekend, with FREE entry Friday 3-9pm.
    @zman - I have video of the canopy opening/closing, but need to figure out how to make it play at fast speed, it's almost painfully slow in real time, will keep you posted.

it's almost frightening to see your boat swinging on the straps, but the forklift guys get pretty good after a week and a half of boat show

• ZmanZman Posts: 1,225 Crazy Baller
    Thanks @richarddoane Great looking boat too.
    RichardDoane