edited February 2016 in Other Stuff
could someone recomend a Slalom ski Location around Wellington Florida

Comments

• dchristmandchristman Posts: 848 Mega Baller
    edited February 2016
    Okeeheelee!!
    Patience is the key to Joy.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,891 Mega Baller
    To ski at Okeeheelee you need to know someone that has a boat and is willing to take you. There are a few other sites in the area. I have skied at Palm Beach Water Sports before which was a good site if you want to get a pull. This was several years ago and they didn't have a ZO boat but access to a well protected slalom course. I am not sure what else is close by.
    Mark Shaffer
    @chef23 that is true, but BOS is an excellent place to make some contacts.
  • MarcellolipiMarcellolipi Posts: 11 Baller
    @dchristman @Chef23 Thank you both fore the info i will look up the Palm beach water sports and christman what do you men with BOS
    edited February 2016
    @Marcellolipi BOS = ballofspray. Members of the Ski Club of The Palm Beaches and others who ski at Okeeheelee participate in this forum.
    Marcellolipi
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,891 Mega Baller
    I think what @dchristman means is that frequently people on the website will step up and invite someone to come ski a set with them. Here is the website for Palm Beach palmbeachwatersportsflorida.com/. I skied there a while ago and enjoyed it.
    Mark Shaffer
    Marcellolipi
    @dchristman oh good to know that =) Im from Austria and i go there for a Visite and would be cool if i could arange a pull some where
    @Chef23 now i understand =) my english is not the yellow from the egg haha i will chek it out rigth now Thanks
  • BRYBRY Posts: 536 Crazy Baller
    @Marcellolipi Chet Raley is 35min south of Wellington (quicker if you drive quicker). Very easy drive straight down 441. http://www.pbtcenter.com/PBTC/Home.html World class coaching with world class site. Make reservation though, then guaranteed a ski spot.
    Marcellolipi
    @BRY sounds great thank you very much =) Looks nice and it only takes me abot 30 min from my place....perfect
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,887 Mega Baller
    @Marcellolipi Wellington? Going to the horse show?
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • BRYBRY Posts: 536 Crazy Baller
    @Rpc29 A dislike for that? Got an axe to grind against Chet?
  • Rpc29Rpc29 Posts: 160 Solid Baller
    @BRY oops! Errant click.
    Ryan Christopher
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,295 Historical Baller
    About 8 posts above: Palm Beach Water Sports is located next to the PBI airport. The
    website listed is correct. Should be a relatively relaxed atmosphere, not so much high-
    end tournament. I supervised the SL course survey/adjust there a few years back. At
    the other end of that lake is the Airport Hilton hotel, or whatever it is called now. Just
    across Belvedere Rd., there are hotels only about 1/2 mile away.
    Marcellolipi
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,596
    Some years a go our Airline had overnights there at the Hilton and they gave discounts for the crew members to ski. It was located right next to the swimming pool at the Hilton. Want to go in the morning if you can cause lots of Wave Runners would show up in the afternoon.
    Loving the Reflex Supershell with R Style Rear !!!
    Marcellolipi
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 349 Solid Baller
    I have skied at PBWS a few times, nice convenient spot for sure, decent conditions most of the time considering it's not private water.
    @lpskier jep also to the horse show my girlfriend is there to ride Horses =)
    @Edbrazil @Ed_Johnson @RAWSki Looks like PBWS is the better solution for me im just looking for some quick fun passes i like it uncomplicated =) and do you guys know if i can rent a ski there becouse it takes to much effort to bring my ski from Austria to ski 2 days =( but ill bring my livewest and gloves for shure
    Thank you all fore the Infos very Helpfull
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,887 Mega Baller
    @Marcellolipi My daughter used to horseshow at WEF ( Winter Equestrian Fedtival) and then we'd go to Okeeheelee and ski in the afternoon.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    @IPskier she is there to =) but i go skiing in the morning and thene to the WEF
    @Mark_Matis Thank you thats nice i would like to see it.
    But there is no game schedules fore the time whene im there =(
    Hey Guys Thank you again for all your help i hade a great time in Florida and some pferfect fun days skiing at Palm Beach Water Sports great spot and whene ist windy you cane ski in the canals thats also great expirience
    Tkanks
    Bill22
  • pregompregom Posts: 74 Baller
    I was in the Palm Beach area last week. I skied with Bobby Pine at LTS Wake (http://www.ltswake.com/) and had a great time. Two slalom courses on 2 lakes, one north-south, the other east-west. I looked at Chet Raley's site and would have loved to ski there, but he didn't have a spot available and you need to bring your own ski.