Do you leave the manufacturers stickers on your ski

HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
edited February 2016 in Other Stuff
See the sticker in the tip of @Sethski's new GT? That is the size sticker. Do you leave yours on your ski?

Do you leave the manufacturers stickers on your ski 117 votes

Yes - I keep all the stickers on the ski
33%
thagertsixamdislandJAGChef23Than_Boganbrodydave2ballskiinxsunksskisPat MMickeyThompsonjackskiTexas6dbskibananaronaussiemcSkiJayToddFSkoot1123 39 votes
No - I take all those stickers off just like I take the tags off my clothing or furniture.
66%
HortonskidawgDekeDaveDmlangeskibugscotchipmanA_BwaterskicoreyskibrainToddARichardDoaneCamJack KinnePSMEdmundKelvinjhughesAndreMattP 78 votes

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Comments

• ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 650 Crazy Baller
    Minnie Pearl?
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,856 Mega Baller
    It isn't really a conscious choice for me. The length sticker is on the bottom tip of the ski so I never really thought about it.
    Mark Shaffer
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,681 Administrator
    No - I take all those stickers off just like I take the tags off my clothing or furniture.
    @Chef23 You do not have to be a kook. Just peel it off. I promise it will not hurt.

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• WishWish Posts: 6,769 Mega Baller
    Used to be stamped into the mold on some models yrs back or permanent to the top of the ski behind the back boot. Was a file taken to them bake then??
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • skialexskialex Posts: 590 Solid Baller
    No stickers on new Goode skis
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,856 Mega Baller
    Now that i know it looks bad I will definitely be taking them off.
    Mark Shaffer
    Horton
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,632 Mega Baller
    My vote should be "I don't do one damn thing and I guess that probably means my sticker is still on?"
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    jipster43MuskokaKy
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,596 Mega Baller
    @Than_Bogan you must not have a radar. They put a huge one right in the middle of the ski bottom. Love having to take goo gone to a brand new ski
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,160 Mega Baller
    Don't ya just gotta love Seth!
    I leave the size and serial number stickers on, but any other stickers come off.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... because understanding is better than memorizing
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,115 Mega Baller
    I see no reason why the stickers are even removable - one of the absolute best parts of the ski:)
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    Than_Bogan
    The one that kills me is the small rectangular ski size sticker on HOs. After a year or two the size numbers fade off so you see a blank white sticker on the tip of the ski.

You people know who you are.

• RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,193 Mega Baller
    @ozski, that is a great looking ski there.
    ozski
    @skidawg well that is different. You need that sticker.

skidawg
  • dbskidbski Posts: 172 Crazy Baller
    The other question is how many stickers do you put on your ski. I just got a new Senate so for me I have to put a DBski sticker on it.
    Rick Bohn
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 1,857 Mega Baller
    I replace the "68" sticker on the tip of my Connelly with one that says "H2OProShop.com"
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
    Horton
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,379
    @RazorRoss3 Black paint has added a good 4 buoys to the ski without question.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

@dbski send me your address & I will send you a BallOfSpray sticker

• thagerthager Posts: 3,815 Mega Baller
    You must keep them on or lose they lose their collectors value!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Than_BogandchristmanMuskokaKy
    @Mark_Matis I will get the "order stickers button" back on the site this afternoon. Stickers for you are $10.

Stickers for Jim and Themla are free.

• Pat MPat M Posts: 478 Solid Baller
    I never owned a ski with a size sticker. Plus I figure removing any sticker is like removing the tag off of a mattress.
    Than_Bogan
    @Mark_Matis
    There is a PayPal button on the right side of each page now.
    Cost is $10.00 for a couple of stickers.

• unksskisunksskis Posts: 263 Baller
    Keeps the resale value, reference for the future.
  • DmaxJC_skiDmaxJC_ski Posts: 341 Baller
    edited February 2016
    I am kinda ocd about little things like that, I just spent all this money on a ski and if I put as much as a knick in it trying to take a sticker off I would kick my own ass.

@Horton do the BOS stickers come
    with any extra buoy guarantee?
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 784 Crazy Baller
    Radar just does it to piss off @Horton

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 1,849 Crazy Baller
    I remove the ones on the running surface but usually keep the top film on the ski.
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 305 Solid Baller
    One of my ski partners would leave all the stickers on his ski. The size one, the 'who this ski is for one' and even the Radar border line ad sticker.

I always jokingly tell him for every sticker he takes off he gets 6 more balls.
    aupatking
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 332 Crazy Baller
    A little off topic, but similar, do you leave the ample warning stickers that are plastered all over your boat on? The ones that are thick and come part way off leaving sharp edges sticking up are the most annoying. Getting cut on the edge of a warning label would be ironic:)
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 2,596 Mega Baller
    @skiinxs - you must have a nautique? Only warning stickers on my Malibu was the ones by the gas caps that said not to use e15
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home