Does any one know a good spot to Waterski in West Florida ?

Gabi18Gabi18 Posts: 4 Baller
Hi guys ,

I am brand new here, I heard that was one of the best forum about waterski so I figured out I should ask here.
I am heading to Florida (south west) in a month to visit some family, and I am looking for a good spot to Waterski and slaloms but don't really know anything about facilities here.
I heard about the "Eden ski lake", it seems to be a new Waterski club and the place looks stunning. Have any of you ever been there ? What do you think ? Do you know an other one in the area ? I don't really want to drive to the east coast actually....

Thank you for your help !
G.

Comments

• andjulesandjules Posts: 634 Crazy Baller
    edited February 2016
    If "south west" means Naples/Fort Myers, then yes, Eden Ski Lake seems to be your best bet. You can search the forum here, there are a few helpful posts, here is the most recent post
    http://goo.gl/8qC1Jw

If "south west" means St Petersburg/Tampa, McCormick's is about an hour's drive east, in Seffner.
  • Gabi18Gabi18 Posts: 4 Baller
    Awesome thank you for your answers, I was looking around Fort Myers beach so I guess my best bet will be Eden ski lake indeed ! After reading all those reviews I think I won't hesitate anymore :)
  • OldGuysRuleOldGuysRule Posts: 45 Baller
    I went to Eden around Thanksgiving in 2015. Excellent site, superb coaching, and competitive rates. Easy to get to from Ft. Myers.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,891 Mega Baller
    There isn't a public access site I am aware of besides Eden in the Ft. Myers Beach area.
    Mark Shaffer
    wolfgang
    Thank you @OldGuysRule , I booked a session trough their website, very easy and you can even chose when exactly you want it. I will let you know how it went :)
    Thank you for your feed back !
    G.
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,295 Historical Baller
    You can find the Eden site at: 26.523N, 81.599W. via Google Earth.
    However, that view is nearly 2 years old, and a lot has happened since, starting with
    finishing work on the lake.
    MattP
  • AliAli Posts: 152 Baller
    Skied there last week. Great site and great skiing. Clubhouse is under construction, should be finished in a couple of months. Arthur is a nice guy and a good coach. Pretty well protected unless you get a strong north or south wind.

Cheers
    Ali
    Hi guys,

I definitely recommend ESL, I had a great time and Arthur was really helpful to me. Patient, kind, exactly what I needed since I am not that professional !
    Actually when I was there they were recording a video.
    They just made a post about it on facebook today, pretty cool to see the result ! It makes me want to come back sooner !
    Here is the link if you want to check it :

Cheers
    Gabi
    MISkierjetpilotg4