Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Denali Unboxing

HortonHorton Posts: 25,176 Administrator
edited February 2016 in Skis Fins Bindings

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

Tagged:
MattPALPJrBulldogWishEd_JohnsonThan_BoganskibrainskialexToddL

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,459 Mega Baller
    edited February 2016
    How come nobody was skiing out there the conditions looked awesome. I am looking forward to your review.
    Mark Shaffer
    skibrainAndre
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,264 Mega Baller
    Its the MOASS. You're just going to need about 6 months on the water to get in good enough shape to ride it!
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
    AdamCord
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,982 Mega Baller
    It's clearly the best ski I've ever ridden on, but then again skis also just get better every year, so it will be interesting to see the perspective of someone who rides a lot of skis.

I think it's also the "most different" ski in a while. It's really trying to achieve something a little different: build speed and then turn with speed. Forget about slowing down and carving. I was on it for a little over a month and I was still getting used to the fact that screaming into the buoy is totally fine with this ski. If it's set up right, it'll just rotate right around on a tight line.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,459 Mega Baller
    Having watched the Connelly video about the GT they talk about maintaining speed through the turn also. I think we always dumped speed before the turn because that was the only way to get the ski to turn. It will be interesting to see if what the Denali seems to be able to do and Connelly talks about will change ski design.
    Mark Shaffer
    Than_Bogandvskier
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,582 Crazy Baller
    Yes, may be interesting as @Horton says - will this design be adopted by numerous skiers and possibly impact other companies who have decades of r&d experience.
  • WishWish Posts: 7,222 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    It's been an interesting ride...pun intended. Having been through the Denali Summit, I can say learning GUT was an eye opener to what a skiers objectives really needs to be. Personally, I had a ton of misconceptions up to that point. And I'm still learning from them. What I see with their GUT base is the Adams have designed a ski to achieve those skier objectives. It seems a simplistic approach but add in all the science plus how the skier needs to get this done and you come away with a really different ski. The different tunnel, thickish tail section and flat looking rocker all play a significant role in achieving the objectives and gelling with what has been spelled out so far in the articles they have been kind enough to share. Certainly was a head scratcher for me when I first picked it up from a skier that had ridden it for a bit. I remember just standing there staring at it trying to figure it out. Then on the way home, stopping again to take a long second look. Fast forward and now all those differences make perfect sense and some of the other recent ski designs out there are the ones making me scratch my head.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    Than_BoganBruce_Butterfieldadamhcaldwellchris55
  • lcarneslcarnes Posts: 110 Solid Baller
    Love my Denali. Have never felt so confident and comfortable on a ski. Can't wait for summer!
    Wish
  • Fehlindra Fehlindra Posts: 213 Baller
    When will this ski come out in glossy eye candy colors i thinking Pink or VOLVO Rebel blue POLESTAR.... Black FED SWAT TEAM hightech carbon fiber is cool but the 90s colors are cult.