Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 Boat And 1 Set To Ski Your PB Today For A Million Bucks - What Are you going to choose honestly?

ozskiozski Posts: 1,545
edited March 2016 in Boat Talk
Assume Speed Control From Time Of Manufacture And Great Site And Driver At The Wheel. Anything pre speed control gets PP for the sake of the exercise.

1 Boat And 1 Set To Ski Your PB Today For A Million Bucks - What Are you going to choose honestly? 130 votes

Nautique 200
26%
ski6jonesdrewCamJack KinneThan_BoganwcalrobertsDragoDanEcamjamlpskierraynMarkTimmskinutralPat MEric KelleyDavidPJoeMacricotreyskier1 34 votes
Nautique 196
21%
thagerISP6ballslowSkiRVrawlywaterskicoreyjipster43rodltg2gjohnsonswc51506ballsWishdbskiMS303SkierskifanWayneSkoot1123ozskiBooRadley 28 votes
LXi
4%
LZywicki1MickeyThompsonbikesrusoldjeepngroppersgraves 6 votes
TXi
13%
DaveDmlangeskibugBoneHeadMAD11ski4xtcjayskijstaab3IlivetoskiBbrandauZmanDkLkSkrbbruzzeseskier41MISkierChris TaylorahopkinsTXi 17 votes
Mastercraft New
20%
scotchipmanRichardDoanejrsRpc29LakeOneSkierJordansyndicateRazorskier1Texas6brooksgregyMichaelGoodmanjcampkurtironhorsetfriessRazorRoss3FWinterskinonstopMattW 26 votes
Early 90's Mastercraft
3%
AndreALPJrNiles TaylorsppedersJaypro 5 votes
Centurion
8%
HortonskidawgChef23Lazsantangelokfennellbishop8950skihardaupatkingBill22RAWSki 11 votes
Other?
2%
brodybbirlewToddF 3 votes
'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

sodbuster88

Comments

• bbirlewbbirlew Posts: 170 Baller
    Other?
    My boat! '94 Nautique with perfect pass zbox. Is it the best wake? Not by a long shot... have I logged more ski hours on it than any other? Yep. At 35 off and beyond the dip can be distracting if you aren't used to it though.

Close second would be either of my ski partners mid 2000s 196s. One PP and one zero off... I'm not fussy!
  • skihardskihard Posts: 529 Crazy Baller
    Centurion
    Might as well choose the boat I chose to purchase as it would only make sense! :)
    2014 Carbon Pro, Radar Pro Build Lithium Vapor w/ Vapor Carbitex Boa Bindings - life's about working hard and then having fun on the water! I am - are you?
  • WayneWayne Posts: 419 Baller
    Nautique 196
    I was between boats and a friend let me ski behind his 196. Could have been the lake, his driving or I was just so greatful to get a pull but something clicked behind that boat. Granted I haven't seen 28 off since then either so it was my PB.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,319 Administrator
    edited March 2016
    Centurion
    I could probably run more balls behind the early 90s Mastercraft with PP but that power plant is so weak compared to modern boats that the score would not be equivalent to anything else on the list. All power plants and cruise being equal Centurion is my first choice and 196 second.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,021 Mega Baller
    edited March 2016
    Nautique 200
    It's really splitting hairs for me. I have a feeling that if I had some more time behind the Centurion, I might have picked it. It's basically a tie of N200, N196, and CarbonPro, but the others aren't far behind in my mind. I have numerous ways to psyche myself out, but the boat is almost never one of them. All of these boats are GOOD.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 489 Crazy Baller
    Centurion
    I skied best behind a 94 PS and my 2000 Cent. Eclipse but probably had a lot to do with the Accuski cruise systems and my body being two decades fresher! "The older I get the better I was"
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,172
    Mastercraft New
    I've been behind them all, and they are all great....But something about that TXi wake just feels softer to me than the others. I own a ProStar, and my PB is behind it, soooo who knows.
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,842 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nautique 196
    Late model 196 with ZO. Having said that tourney PB is a SN 200 with 6.0, and this is all splitting hairs. I'd run a Txi, a Lxi, a Lx, a Prostar 197, a new Prostar, a Carbon pro. The boats are all better than my ability and all of them ski great.
    I open at 28 off and feel like the 196 is tough to beat there. Once at 32 off and beyond I don't notice. I do like the "feel" of the 6.0 Nautique 200 better than the 5.7. I also did not love the Illmor motor in the PS 197.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • WishWish Posts: 7,263 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nautique 196
    Can I be specific and say a 196 with ZO and a 6L. Even more specific ..the boat @OB1 has up for sale. Man that thing skied and drove sweet!
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • thompjsthompjs Posts: 530 Solid Baller
    77 SN?
  • slowslow Posts: 309 Solid Baller
    Nautique 196
    Is a 1999 ski nautique considered a196?
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,032 Mega Baller
    Centurion
    I've only been back skiing tournaments a year but, so far, have run more balls behind the Centurion. Probably more a function of it being the last tournament I skied in last year, but I like it. I can't say I like any one over any of the current offerings, but a higher ball count always wins.
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,599 Crazy Baller
    edited March 2016
    Early 90's Mastercraft
    93/94 MC190 w/pp and 1-1 tran's, back seat out, 1/3 tank gas, driver and 1 observer... Like carving butter.
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,545
    Nautique 196
    Interesting that the Carbon Pro is beating out the Mastercraft / TXi and the 196 is only slightly behind the 200...
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• skinutskinut Posts: 369 Baller
    Nautique 200
    Even more interesting that the Mastercraft 197 isn't even an option. I interpret new Mastercraft to be 2014 or newer. BTW the 197 would be the last boat I would choose. The new MC is a sweet boat though.
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,426 Crazy Baller
    Centurion
    I choose the Carbon pro only because that is what they have at the ski school I go to sometimes. I probably actually ski better w/ PP.
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
  • ahopkinsTXiahopkinsTXi Posts: 49 Baller
    TXi
    Voted for the boat I own. Love my TXi and I feel so comfortable behind all other TXi's I have skied. All of the boats on the list are good though, each has their own "flavor", but all good.

I can also think of a great local site, and driver that I would choose without hesitation.
    In need of something...
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,301 Mega Baller
    Mastercraft New
    In order of importance for me it's ski, driver, boat. I'll be on my current stick but my boat choice is highly driver dependent. I'd let Beauford drive me behind a 200 they track so well but @Razorskier1 @6balls @MS or @Mrs_MS behind the 2016 prostar and I think that's near my best bet. I'm sure I missed some good baller drivers but I rarely venture outside Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa for tournament tugs.
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 4,842 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nautique 196
    @razorross3 the Prostar does very nicely at 36 mph from behind the wheel...you were super easy to drive and the boat very easy to place.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
  • MSMS Posts: 4,836 Mega Baller
    Nautique 196
    2007 SN196 with the 330 HP 5.7
    2006 SN196 330 HP with PP
    Shut up and ski
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 1,979 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nautique 196
    Going 196 (330 PPSG) because it's what I own and ski behind daily. Close second would be a 200, as it's what I have the next closest experience with.
    Scott Calderwood
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,223 Mega Baller
    Nautique 196
    Funny that the 200 is ahead by 2 votes but the number of icons are the same at 20 as the 196 ?
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,140 Crazy Baller
    TXi
    Normally I would say 200, but I skied 3 rounds last tournament of last year. 2 of 3 were TXi and ran 32 both rounds behind it for the first time in a tournament so I am liking the TXi right now
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,548 Mega Baller
    Centurion
    I really like the wake behind the Centurion. I haven't skied the new ProStar.
    Mark Shaffer
  • DavidPDavidP Posts: 157 Baller
    Nautique 200
    My current PB is behind a 6.0L 200 so got to go with that.
    David Panneton - LakePort Water Ski Club, formerly known as Muddy Waters
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,150 Mega Baller
    Nautique 200
    Who is driving? Tommy Harrington? I'll take any of the boats. Someone other than a superstar? I'll take the 200. By far the easiest to drive. Easy to keep centered and with the skier? Easier to PB.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly