Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Radar Senate help

mr34mr34 Posts: 3 Baller
I am a course skier and just turned 65, so I go into mens 7 next year. Have settled on the Radar Senate as my ski of choice, but don't know if the Graphite or Lithium would be best. My current top range is 34mph @22off. I presume 28-32 would be achievable at 32mph so I am looking for the model that would best suit me. Any advice?
Tagged:

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,459 Mega Baller
    I would say if you can afford it go Lithium.
    Mark Shaffer
    gsm_peter
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 660 Solid Baller
    Plus 1 for the lithium.
    Even at my level I did ski better on the lithium according to the coach.
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,021 Mega Baller
    edited April 2016
  • Youd270Youd270 Posts: 29 Baller
    I have a Senate Lithium and it is an awesome ski. I can't comment on the difference between that and the Graphite as I haven't ski on one, however I did raise this same question in regard to a Vapor, when I was considering making the jump and @Horton reponse was, "I don't think anyone has every gone out and bought the Lithium and thought gosh I wish I had bought the Graphite". So if your happy to shell out the extra money the Lithium is definitely a nice ski. One other thing to note is I believe that Radar are going make the 2017 Senate range based on the new 2016 Vapor shape. Whereas the current 2016 Senate's are based on the '14-'15 Vapor. @eddie_roberts_jr might be able to confirm this and if the case would probably be worth the wait (if buying new).
    Horton
  • TustinTomTustinTom Posts: 81 Baller
    All great advice and true.

I've had both. I know/feel I ski better on the Lithium. To me it feels just as forgiving, but has a whole different level of acceleration. I am a hack and love the Lithium.
    The caveat is they are both great skis, and only a very accomplished skier "may" hit the top end of either's capability. See Horton's 2014 review of the Radar Senate Graphite.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,174 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes