Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going back to Wiley's

east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 595 Solid Baller
Went out for my first set of the year yesterday and saw that the outer shell on my Radar Strada boots was completely ripped away. It must have happened at the end of last year when pulling my foot out and I just never noticed it. Ski buddy kindly let me use his ski for a quick set, which was awfully nice of him.

At any rate, I still have my Wiley's and just put them back on the ski. Kind of excited to give them a go again. I liked the Stradas and spent several seasons on them. And I even got used to leaving the upper laces all loosey goosey.

So who among you have gone to contemporary bindings for a few years and gone back to Wiley's or comparable old school bindings. What can I expect? Did you stick with them?
Perpetual Longline Baller. Tyler Ski Club, Tyler, Texas.
My real name is in my profile.

www.tylerskiclub.com

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,617 Administrator
    I have a Wiley front i use periodically. Like skiing in flip flops

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 595 Solid Baller
    edited April 2016
    Flip flops, eh? That doesn't sound so bad. ;)

This is the "Pro Build" front, which I think is akin to their jump boot. Little tighter across the arch. Glad I didn't sell them a few years ago. Not really in the mood to buy a new boot at the moment.

My prediction is that the Wiley's will feel a little be more stout (that's right, more) than the Strada's with the laces loose on top.

www.tylerskiclub.com
    bogboy
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,710 Mega Baller
    Vapor front and d3 high wrap rear. I change out my radar every other season. The d3 rear now on its 6th season and I bought it on line used..
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• east tx skiereast tx skier Posts: 595 Solid Baller
    I bought these Strada boots used about four years ago. Pretty good bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned. At least they didn't fail when I was skiing (as far as I know).

www.tylerskiclub.com