BallofSpray - Shorten The Line Shirt

BOS_ShirtsBOS_Shirts Posts: 61 Baller
edited May 2016 in Stuff For Sale
Feet off? Meters left? Survey says at least 76% of you ( @Horton included ) refuse to think metric.
So here you go. And maybe this will help you explain things to a few non-skiing friends.

Shorten The Line Shirt

Men's S and L-sleeve T's, plus a women's V-neck style.

Storefront with each of the shirt designs

Comments

• Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,620 Mega Baller
    Super-cool look, but why have the numbers at all?

As a general rule, I get so many free T-shirts that I don't spend actual money on them, but I think I might just have to buy this design if it were just the ropes themselves.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    BOS_Shirts
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 852 Crazy Baller
    edited May 2016
  • BOS_ShirtsBOS_Shirts Posts: 61 Baller
    Hmmm. @Than_Bogan are you saying the design sans numbers holds the potential for intergalactic imperial vs metric vs delta conceptual convergence?
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,788 Mega Baller
    My brain hurts!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 833 Mega Baller
    edited May 2016
    @thager it will have to come out.

Patience is the key to Joy.
    BOS_Shirtsthager
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,788 Mega Baller
    Which one?
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.
    Just to be clear, my initial thought was to be open minded and feature metric length remaining vs feet removed. @Horton nearly assigned me a panda. I'm a big fan of continual improvement and I think the community (well, @Than_Bogan ) just improved this.

I will need to take the design down and do some quick rework later today. Crazy busy day, but stay tuned.
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 1,854 Mega Baller
    I think it would be interesting to have the buoy placed relative to the handle. A line of buoys across the individual ropes, one buoy on each rope at an aligned location. That tells you what you need to know.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    MattP
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 607 Crazy Baller
    I prefer the numbers. Otherwise it's just a bunch of ropes, especially to the un-initiated. And $5 bucks says @Than_Bogan won't even buy this shirt ...
    @jcamp Probably a smart bet.

But it's nonsense to the uninitiated no matter how you adjust it. I'd guess that less information leads to fewer stupid questions.
  • skibugskibug Posts: 1,882 Crazy Baller
    edited May 2016
    @BOS_Shirts You should be able to highlight or use a brighter color and customize the line length of your best score....then as people PB on a new line length, they have to buy a new shirt. It is a return business generator.
    Bob Grizzi
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,524 Administrator
    @skibug you should just order a panda shirt for that last post

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

@skibug I like your thinking. In the mean time, have you ever heard of a laundry marker?

Speaking of a business generator, @Horton how about awarding the coveted Panda gif automatically debits a forum member's PayPal account and generates a shirt order? There might need to be a frequent-panda volume discount provision.
    One_Ski
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 431 Baller
    I can't read which numbers, metric or feet, are on the shirt? I think it should be both, that way when I watch a tournament I can look at the shirt to figure out which rope length the skier is at in feet. Most announcers use metric and I do not know the conversion method without a calculator.
    JC McCavit
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 535 Crazy Baller
    I say leave the numbers. In fact make them metric so when I'm watching a tournament I know what length they're skiing.
    One_Ski
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 852 Crazy Baller
    edited May 2016
    I liked the Delta someone suggested. Numbers no one would understand. Better conversation starter.
  • harddockharddock Posts: 131 Baller
    Ordered mine this morning. Could add a hoodie!
  • dchristmandchristman Posts: 833 Mega Baller
    Here's a thought - how about adding "Shorter is better" to this shirt? :)
    Patience is the key to Joy.
    @dchristman Is this a small hands comment? :)
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 607 Crazy Baller
    "The only time shorter is better."
    RazorRoss3Kdinger838
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,148 Crazy Baller
    Just put my order in. 7 days left!
    Last day to order.
  • harddockharddock Posts: 131 Baller
    Metric and Line off #'s would cover all aspects of skiers math abilities!
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 731 Solid Baller
    Ordered my Panda Leash's shirt's.
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 535 Crazy Baller
    Got my email this morning confirming that's it's printing. Sure hope it gets here by June 13 at 1 pm for my SKI VACATION to Smith Mtn Lake!!!
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 315 Solid Baller
    If the US would just go all metric and stop clinging to imperial a lot of things in this world would be easier.....
    Than_Bogan
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,524 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• ScottScottScottScott Posts: 315 Solid Baller
    @Horton Ha!! Thats funny. I was conflicted which way to vote as I am generally exposed to feet off more (being in the US stuck in an antiquated system and all....) It is a pet peeve of mine that the US has been to stubborn to adapt to the BETTER and simpler system in all areas.....not just water skiing.
    Than_Bogan
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 731 Solid Baller
    Ask peopel from Gt Britain about the imperial pint of beer and the new metric version. Not sure beer drinkers would agree to your simpler and better comment. :)
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
    baja