Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who would you like to see at 1/4 speed?

WishWish Posts: 7,302 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
edited May 2016 in Technique & Theory
So there has been a few skiers in the past were their videos have been slowed to 1/4 speed. TW Ragina Nate Matt B to name a few. But with the new crop of skiers making a name for themselves, I would like to see Freddy W and Manon C at 1/4...and others. Who would you like to see? A thing or two can be learned from them.
One of my favorites as an example:
>>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
ski6jones9400jetpilotg4MISkier

Comments

• dchristmandchristman Posts: 1,070 Mega Baller
    edited May 2016
    For those who are unaware, it's possible to play just about any video on YouTube at 1/4 speed if you are using HTML5 for playback. Go to h t tp://you tube.com/html5 and make sure the box is checked for "The HTML5 player is currently used when possible." You'll then get a gear icon in the lower right that allows you to change the speed to .25 or other multipliers - so you'll be able to watch that Terry Winter video at 1/16 speed if you want.

(note you'll have to type that youtube link out - when I pasted it here it wanted to automatically embed a video, so I added some spaces so you could see the link)
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    Wish
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,247 Mega Baller
    I would like to see someone on a Denali at 1/4 speed. Maybe Cale? That ski just looked so different to me in the way it finishes the turn and sets angle across course. Would be cool to do a side-by-side also to compare Mate and Freddie at 1/4 speed.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 883 Crazy Baller
    @Chris Rossi I am requesting 1/4 or 1/2 speed all passes during your first set yesterday. "On fire Bro" [email protected]
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    DmaxJC_ski
    How about @horton on the Denali at 1/4 speed as part of the review? Maybe it should be a standard component of all reviews.
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    MISkierWish
  • mwetskiermwetskier Posts: 1,329 Mega Baller
    chris rossi
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,019 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @horton wearing a powervest, Schnizt's hat, goggles, double reflex and a new ski to test.

Seriously though, Freddie Winter would be fun to watch in slower mo. He can get it done as nicely as anyone and at times can drop huge bombs to stay in it. Wouldn't mind getting a look at Fredrick Halt either, never really seen him ski and the dude gets down the line.
    freeski41
  • 94009400 Posts: 565 Crazy Baller
    Fred Halt-the best skier nobody knows
    savaiusinichris55rockdogThan_Bogan
  • chris55chris55 Posts: 274 Solid Baller
    Fred Halt the swiss precision....Although I would like to see KC Wilson...so smooth
  • freeski41freeski41 Posts: 19 Baller
    edited May 2016
    Of course, Nate....or Regina...
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,055 Crazy Baller
    Here's Regina - Link at 1/4 Speed
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • MSMS Posts: 4,887 Mega Baller
    Wim Decree
    Shut up and ski
    WishTexas6MISkierozski
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,168 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I would like to see @MS or Jed "skippy" Blackburn and 1/4 speed, preferable from the past cottonwood tourneys when they had massive yard sales. ENTERTAINMENT boys.
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    MSMattP[Deleted User]
  • WishWish Posts: 7,302 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Heck full speed Wim...there's like just one vid of that guy and that's it.
    Miss Swiss?
    Is it time to ski, yet?
    Wishfreeski41
    I have about 5 or 6 sets of Wim from the 2010 era at Ski Ranch.
    Shut up and ski
    ozski
    @MS POST POST POST POST POST POST POST !!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone can rap their head around what that guy is doing on the water, you will have unlocked a crap load of insight and the key to shortline... guaranteed.
  • jipster43jipster43 Posts: 1,400 Crazy Baller
    I always look for skiers who have similar advantages & disadvantages as myself - LFF & 5'5", so Wim is the person I periodically search for hoping to find a new video.

@MS 2010 is more current than the one video available on YouTube. If you ever got the chance and enthusiasm to post those vids, it would be awesome!
    Wish
    I have it on a DVD that was taken from my Sony tape. I will see if someone has the tech to load up. It is loaded with Susi, T Fin, T MO, Wim, CP, Chad, Danos and a few others.
    Shut up and ski
    Wishjipster43
  • GaryWilkinsonGaryWilkinson Posts: 289 Baller
    Anyone got a link to Nate at 1/4 speed?
    I need to ski back to the handle obviously.
    scotchipman
  • lcgordonlcgordon Posts: 282 Baller
    I would like to see a 15off how it should be ran for a 15offer.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,621 Mega Baller
    @lcgordon the problem with seeing these guys run 15 off is they generate so much angle and speed that people struggling to run 15 off can't do what they do.
    Mark Shaffer
    ALPJrBill22
    Yeah thats why watching seths videos are kinda useless. I would like to see somebody run it the way that I should. Maybe a 28 offer come back and run it or something. Not somebody who runs 38
    edited May 2016
    @lcgordon this video has my son running 32 mph/ 15 off. Not sure if it helps and he certainly isn't perfect but it isn't terrible either. He was just recovering from a concussion so he wasn't increasing the speed.

Mark Shaffer
  • MattPMattP Posts: 5,973 Mega Baller
    Just and FYI: Any youtube video can be viewed at 1/4 speed. Just click on the "gear" in the window then "Speed" and pick the desired speed.
    Texas6
    Thanks for posting @Chef23. Its nice to see where he gets on and off his pull and how he comes into the bouy. I have watched seths videos and he is so good that I cant replicate that. I watch @Horton video of the 26mph-36mph wake comparison. I feel like that helps me. But he is also pretty good and much better than I can do. Thanks again.
    @lcgordon I agree with you. My son has plenty of flaws but when that video was made he was running mid 22 off at 36 mph. Seth and Horton both generate so much more speed and angle out of the buoy that it is hard to translate to people that are learning.
    Mark Shaffer
    You can watch seth and horton in the turns but when pulling its not what I need to do. Seth quits and before the first wake for me thats a no no for him he runs it perfect
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,271 Mega Baller
    I want to see @skidawg in 1/4 slow motion at 11.25, 10.75, and 10.25 if he ever heals up and stops falling off his bike. If not that, then Ward drinking a Sweetwater in slomo would be good too!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    skidawg
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 879 Mega Baller
    For slow-mo, the bomb Matteo posted last week on Insta is pretty BA...
    ozski