Double Hardshells?

BoilerUpGetHammeredBoilerUpGetHammered Posts: 2 Baller
I was just wondering; has anyone ever tried putting two boots on a trick instead of one boot and one toe?

Comments

• dchristmandchristman Posts: 834 Mega Baller
    Sure - Joel Wing has two boots in his trick video.

Patience is the key to Joy.
  • BoilerUpGetHammeredBoilerUpGetHammered Posts: 2 Baller
    Sweet! I knew it wasn't too far fetched!
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,044 MM Trick Skier / Eccentric Person
    It's still a really bad idea - even if some high level skiers can make it work.

I spent all last weekend with the UCLA team. I had to constantly tell EVERY skier to get weight off the back foot.

Flexibility for tricks is critical. Locking up both feet doesn't help flexibility at all. Or encourage you to weight the front foot more.

Riding one footed is an important exercise. Toe tricks and line tricks require one foot.

Kirk likes a heel strap to keep his foot in the rear toe kicker for flips. OK, that works well. I don't do as many flips but I never had a problem without the heel strap. And my toe kicker is very minimal.

There is a safety issue as well. Make sure that if you try it that the bindings don't release. The worst tricking injury I've seen is when the front boot released and his heavy rear heel strap kept the back foot in. I'm of the belief that you don't need to release at all for hands.

If you really want to improve your trick skiing, spend some time with no rear binding at all, just a big patch of non skid.

Eric
    Horton