PARADISE LOST: FlowPointTV S3 E1

HortonHorton Posts: 23,823 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

Tagged:
dislandjcampklindyjetpilotg4WishJordantsixambogboyToddLgt2003Lieutenant DankingshreddSkoot1123raynDacon62BooBulldogJ3ALPJrMrs_MSchrisroddyschaferMateo VargasRAKSteven HainesdropskijackskiskialexJonBeleeskiFLeboeufBill22Alvin_NeffBroussardMJ1igkya

Comments

• Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,115
    Marcus continues outdoing himself. This is fantastic work right here; couldn't agree more
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    Hortonski6joneschrisroddy
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,060 Crazy Baller
    Ok, so we aren't getting on ESPN, but there are so many other channels. Outside television is a pretty cool one.
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 623 Crazy Baller
    edited June 2016
    That's right. In fact you can buy a 22-minute show on Outside for roughly $10,000. That doesn't include production costs.

The difference is that before we didn't have to pay, or were possibly even paid to be on TV, now we have to pay to play. The media landscape has changed on us.
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 773 Crazy Baller
    Thank you @MarcusBrown
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    jcamp
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,701 Mega Baller
    Forgotten? Let this be a reminder and reintroduction. This is Competitive Water Skiing. Next Level!
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • jetpilotg4jetpilotg4 Posts: 217 Baller
    Awesome video Looks and sounds like a 30 on 30 segment
  • JordanJordan Posts: 857 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Wow! Congrats @MarcusBrown ....that was fantastic!
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 683 Baller
    Fantastic video. Thank you Marcus.
    rayn
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,673 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Wow....
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 5,652 Mega Baller
    To be honest, I usually don't really "get" FlowPoint TV.*

But this episode really drew me in and 9 minutes seemed to pass in a heartbeat. It's such a powerful reminder that with a skilled edit, competitive waterski events could be crazy-exciting and very compelling TV broadcasts.

*This may be a good thing. Old Geeks probably aren't really the target audience. I love Marcus Brown, and he'd for sure be on my short list of guys to "get a beer" with (except for the part where I don't actually drink beer, but you get the idea). I'm just too old-at-heart for his video style most of the time, though.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    BrennanKMNjipster43
  • slvrbulitslvrbulit Posts: 147 Baller
    Awesome, great job @MarcusBrown
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,060 Crazy Baller
    @Than_Bogan go back to season 1 and repeat. He explains it and being old has nothing to do with it.
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • kingshreddkingshredd Posts: 140 Baller
    @MarcusBrown, That is really great stuff and another example of the waterskiing lifestyle from the competition standpoint! Digging the FlowPoint!
  • Skoot1123Skoot1123 Posts: 1,746 Mega Baller
    WOW! Don't know about anyone else but I think they would echo this sentiment - Makes me want to show all my work buddies this video before a meeting and say "this is what I attempt to do!"

It also makes me want to invite kids over so they too can enjoy the magic of the LAKELIFE/WaterskiLife with my kids.
  • bojansbojans Posts: 160 Baller
    That was AWESOME
  • thagerthager Posts: 3,840 Mega Baller
    Well done Marcus!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    Upon watching it a second time I noticed that the scores on the screen in length not in "off ". That's a great start to get the general public to understand it easier
    DragoJustin
  • scotchipmanscotchipman Posts: 3,676
    Very inspirational @MarcusBrown! Thanks for all of your hard work.
    - President of the Utah Water Ski Club
    - USI Tech pays for my water ski addiction
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,393 Mega Baller
    I really like all them. Reminds me of all the great times with the family at the lake, hanging out all day. This one I have to say left me a bit depressed, but still awesome.
  • skinutskinut Posts: 338 Baller
    Awesome job Marcus!
  • JGrayJGray Posts: 62 Baller
    @MarcusBrown! great work. I am challenged this year to make many tournaments. Probably only get to ski 2 or three and the first is a few weeks from now, but this sure made me miss the competition and the camaraderie found at tournaments. Thanks for your hard work to showcase these great sports!
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 954 Solid Baller
    @MarcusBrown Thank you once again for yet another amazing film about our sport...Truly great work and your message is very well presented.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
    Does anyone know the details of the back injury Marcus references in the video? I've heard bits but never really heard what the injury was?
  • matthewbrownmatthewbrown Posts: 308 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Texas6 a couple of herniated discs in lumbar region
    Texas6
  • HortonHorton Posts: 23,823 Administrator
    @matthewbrown i heard his brother kicked his ass so bad at ping-pong that he was ashamed ever show his face the lake again so he had to quit skiing.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly / DBSkis /   Denali / Eden Ski Lake  / Goode / HO Syndicate / MasterCraft / Masterline

O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / PTM Edge / Stokes / Reflex / Radar / Wakeye

• matthewbrownmatthewbrown Posts: 308 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    I would definitely win big dawg ping pong tour
    edited June 2016
    Ping pong is the rock, paper, scissors at our house, capable of ending any squabble or determining who has ownership of the next honey-do. Count me in on the Big Dawg Pong World Tour. Thx for the info on Marcus @Matthewbrown; was always curious; I trained with Jenny for a few years and never wanted to broach the subject