Anyone have any jump equipment for sale?

texas_slalom_tricktexas_slalom_trick Posts: 61 Baller
Hey ballers,
I'm interested in starting jumping, and I was wondering if anyone has any old, or even new, jump equipment that is up for sale.

Thanks so much

Comments

• Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,046 Mega Baller
    Here's a decent pair of starter jumpers After you outgrow them this year, you will be able to sell them for what you paid. 76" would be ideal for you, but they are hard to find used.
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,053 Crazy Baller
    ski-it-again.com
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,149 Mega Baller
    Hi have a pair of 90" D-3 jump ski's for sale. very nice condition
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 4,838 Mega Baller
    Smaller jump equipment is very hard to find. My son started on a set of Kidder Redlines but I do wish I had bitten the bullet and bought a 78" or so set of Goodmans for him I think he would have developed faster. While expensive you will be able to sell them for pretty much what you pay for them after a year or two.

I have a set of 84" Goodman's for my son now. He isn't jumping much right now due to other athletic stuff but we are going to hold on to them.
    Mark Shaffer
  • texas_slalom_tricktexas_slalom_trick Posts: 61 Baller
    @Bruce_Butterfield I talked to Dylan Melnar, and he suggested that I get 84's
    I put my son on 84 Goodmans when he was about 14 and 5'6 is weighing about 160 pounds. He was jumping in the upper 60s at the time. I called Ron Goodman and talked about my son and sent him some video then had him make me what he suggested. I know people have had some issues with Ron but I didn't have any problems and the skis have been great.
    Mark Shaffer
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 944 Crazy Baller
    From my experiences my son, 84's are going to be a bit large for just learning. I believe you will be better off starting on something smaller to get the feel for it. I will check to see if we still have a pair of 72s you could use this summer to get started. I also know of a pair of 78s that could be your second step before you spend the money on 84-86s.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
    I agree if you haven't jumped at all unless you are fully grown I think 84s would be big.
    Mark Shaffer
  • texas_slalom_tricktexas_slalom_trick Posts: 61 Baller
    Just so yall know, I have ridden and gone over
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 944 Crazy Baller
    Great to hear. You have some fantastic coaches at your disposal. Now, all we need to do is get the side curtain fixed so you can get back out there.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,046 Mega Baller
    For your size (140 lbs?) if you were going over 100' the 84s would be about right. However since you are just starting, learning to control the skis on the water and in the air is critical and will be much harder with the bigger skis. Your risk of loosing control and taking a big crash is MUCH higher with bigger skis.

I think the perfect size for you would be 76". That would get through this year and maybe next depending on how fast you progress. But again 76" are really hard to find used. If Kelvin can loan you some 72"s, you're in business for this season!

Your second option would be the 72 Kidders I linked to earlier for $750. You could use them for a year then sell them for what you paid. If you decide to get serious, you'll be in a better position to decide what the next step is.

Go ahead and get a set of wiley's and you can use them for several years.

Whatever skis you get, spend a lot of time riding, edging, and getting ahead of the boat. You should do at least 2 sets riding for every set you go over the ramp.
    If it was easy, they would call it wakeboarding.
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 279 Baller
    I would stick with 76s or 78s right now.
    Andre Broussard - Louisiana