FM Revo vs. Reflex

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone has tried both the FM Revo and the Reflex. They honestly look almost identical to me with some minor differences. I've been on a reflex for 4 years now and love it, but am curious about the Revo. I ski with an open toe so my hardshell options are fairly limited. In fact, until now, the reflex was really the only safe option I had. But this is why I'm curious about the Revo.

Any insights into how they each feel comparatively would be great.

Thanks!

-Zach

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,073 Mega Baller
    I have a friend who switched from FM to Reflex and is very happy with the switch. He said the Reflex boot has more flex to it and makes it easier to get over the ski.
    Mark Shaffer
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,400 Mega Baller
    FMs have been out for a several years. I'm on Reflex supershells and very happy them. The next evolution @mmosley899 system would be another option. Young lady, Jaimee Bull, killing it on FMs right now. We've got some options finally pretty cool.
  • NandoNando Posts: 384 Solid Baller
    I've skied on both (use Reflex and have tried my brother's Fluid Motion) and didn't notice a really significant difference in flex, and they're similar in height. One difference is that the Fluid Motion is much heavier. I don't think that equates to a big performance difference, but some might prefer the lighter weight. As for release, last night both my ski partner (he's in FM) and I released in pretty minor falls and I've never released when I haven't wended to.
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 472 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @Nando Fliud Motion uses Universal Skate Design boots that are somewhat heavier than the Roxa Skate boots used by Reflex. No real performance difference due to the weight of your boots. I have used both type shells.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    CanyonLaker
  • JordanJordan Posts: 936 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @mmosley899 ...any update on the MOB?
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 472 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @Jordan production of parts should finish tomorrow, off to anodizing, then ready to show on website and at Regionals and Nationals.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    Than_BoganskialexJordan
  • CanyonLakerCanyonLaker Posts: 1 New Baller
    Any thoughts on comparing these systems to the new OB4 binding system.