Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New boots and/or bindings for 06 HO Monza

Brand new here. SIAP or if this goes somewhere else.

The boots on our 06 (95% sure it's an 06 if that even matters) HO Monza dry rotted in my attic over the past few years (sold boat in 2010 but are back on the water hot and heavy this year), so now we need new boots for the ski. I grew up skiing, but I’ve never gotten into anything other than whether or not I liked the ski I was on, i.e. boots, bindings, etc. I think we were given some bad advice / incorrect information back when we first started looking into this, so now I’m not sure where to even start.

Back in late April my stepdad called a shop that he recently ordered some stuff from to ask them what boots we could put on the ski. The only thing they mentioned was the radar vectors. I kind of left it at that and assumed he had already ordered new boots and that we’d be skiing in the new boots on that ski the first weekend we hit the water. Now, here we are in July and no new boots. I’ve started trying to bird dog this thing and I can’t help but wonder if that shop was just trying to make a sale for what those things cost. They made it sound like the vectors with a specific plate were the only option we had. I just can’t help but think there’s plenty of other quality boots out there that can be paired wwith a binding that will go onto that ski.

My question is this. Does anyone have any good advice for what boot (we need a new front and rear) we can get for a reasonable price that is readily available. We ski hard, but we don’t have to have $400 boots. I’d really appreciate any help I could get.

Comments

• keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 384 Crazy Baller
    I think many boots have a standard pattern on the plate. For example I had HO boots on a D3 ski and ski with people that have D3 boots on an HO ski.

Do you have a pro-shop nearby that you can try on boots to make sure they are comfortable?

You might be able to find a lightly used set of boots on Ski-It-Again for a good deal.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,459 Mega Baller
    Wileys definitely will have a boot to fit and it likely will be the most similar to what was on the ski. www.wileyski.com. You can buy them at Performance as well.
    Mark Shaffer