Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What size combos for my wife?

TdubTdub Posts: 226 Baller
I will admit it, I have not been very attentive to my wife's skis over the years. She has been on a standard 67 inch combos with old school rubber bindings forever. I have been looking at new skis for her with better bindings. She weighs 118 and according to the HO website she should be on 61 inch combos. She loves to ski to just have fun. If I go forward and order the shorter skis and she hates them...there could be trouble. You get the picture. Any thoughts? I am looking at the HO Burner Pro or Burner combos. Thanks for any and all insight.

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 2,861 Mega Baller
    For a number of years we had a longer set of somewhat traditional Obrien combo skis - we replaced those with some HO's that are wider and shorter with that v shaped running surface.

I haven't heard complaints about the skiing with them - I personally am not as big of a fan of how they sit in the boat since the 2 obriens would sit side by side next to the engine hatch and the HO's now have to be somewhat stacked on each other in the same space.

Tdub
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 1,628 Crazy Baller
    Our kids learned on HO Blast 63's. Our daughter used the slalom through age 15 and 120 lbs and skied the mini course at 24mph before moving to a 65" HO Siren and the full course. I think the Blast 65's would be a good choice.
    Tdubgsm_peter
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,644 Mega Baller
    I would say don't go too small. I am sure your wife can control the bigger ones and they will be more relaxing to ski on.
    Mark Shaffer
    Than_BoganTdub
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 594 Crazy Baller
    67 is certainly big, even if just using the slalom. I would think the 61s would work for her size if only interested in using both skies, especially if shes pretty experienced. If possibly trying the slalom, maybe something in a 63-65?
    Tdub