Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All New 2017 Radar Vapor

ToddLToddL Posts: 2,722 Mega Baller
Time to get the next 90k+ view thread going...
Pics! Post 'em if you got 'em.

-- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
Tagged:
Texas6

Comments

• ShakeskiShakeski Posts: 85 Baller
    Exposed (or at least more exposed) carbon top layer?
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 761 Crazy Baller
    hopefully this leads to some '16s on ski-it-again.com
    wtrskiorJustin_C
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    From I've seen its not new, its the same shape/layup as the 16 and its called the Vapor "coral"..

@andjules I agree!
  • ToddLToddL Posts: 2,722 Mega Baller
    Clearly the 2016 was a hit. But every manufacturer is always wanting to improve their products. With all of the 2016's on the market, there has got to be a significant amount of feedback for Radar. I am sure that the 2017 will not be significantly different, but I bet there is something more than just graphics behind the new model. Heck, I am not sure that Radar has ever had a flagship ski stay identical in construction from 1 year to the next.
    -- The future of skiing depends upon welcoming novice skiers regardless of age to our sport.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,017 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Took me minute to realize there was a ski in the first pic:)
    Scott Calderwood
    Glydongalejan
  • jayskijayski Posts: 626 Crazy Baller
    new core...
    ShakeskiSkiJay
    I agree @MrJones. If your ski is a hit, then just make more with slightly diff graphic to help determine year/age. Someone will always need a brand new one. If the ski is so excellent, then in a few years of hard skiing, your original customers of the first model will be ready to buy it again new as the current year model.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 25,660 Administrator
    edited August 2016
    Radar team skiers have been testing some thing new for about 14 months. The 2017 Vapor is not just the 2016 with new colors.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Babes / Connelly / D3 / DBSkis / Goode / Hobe Lake / HO Syndicate / KD Skis  

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

ToddLColeGiacopuzziALPJrcragginshred
  • JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 490
    I would like know if the fin block has changed.
    JC McCavit
    @jcmccavit I think so but that is not the interesting thing... it is so much more than that

MasterCraft / Masterline / MOB / O'Brien / Performance Ski and Surf / Reflex / Radar / Stokes

• JC McCavitJC McCavit Posts: 490
    @Horton - You are getting good at driving up views for this product.
    JC McCavit
    @jcmccavit I know stuff and I don't talk about it until I have permission. About as simple as that.

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,640 Mega Baller
    It has windows in it.
    Mark Shaffer
  • Youd270Youd270 Posts: 29 Baller
    I heard that the Lithium is now the second ski in the line up!!
  • ColeGiacopuzziColeGiacopuzzi Posts: 378 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited August 2016
    I look forward to seeing people ride this ski in the future! the 2017 is a stellar ski!!
    Cole Giacopuzzi • Radar Skis
    I can neither confirm nor deny any of the above comments but I can absolutely say that the boys at the factory have been very excited about this new.... whatever it is for a long time.

• kellybrewerkellybrewer Posts: 38 Baller
    I want one, so many choices of good skis these days!
    Horton
    Going out on a limb.... I beleive the big secret is PolyMethacrylImide

I had heard same mold. So, new core in the same mold seems to be the change.

PMI core sounds cool. It is a high strength, lightweight core with aircraft applications. It has also been used in snow skis for a few years. It yields a low temperature impact strength, superior fatigue behavior, ideal shear stiffness, and high temperature stability.
  • Chuck_DickeyChuck_Dickey Posts: 1,459 Crazy Baller
    edited August 2016
    Facebook post mentions a new shape?
  • Texas6Texas6 Posts: 2,172
    I didn't see a ski in that picture, and frankly I'm disappointed that nobody has pointed out how good Whitney looks showing it off.
    Daryn Dean - Lakes of Katy, TX
    ***Robbed out of Hundreds of Panda Worthy Posts***
    skihartJordansunnydaysmn
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,500 Crazy Baller
    I don't think Whitney knows how not to look good :smile:
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
    Texas6
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
    Still loving my green vapor! Someday I will upgrad
    Vapor pro 2017
    MattPOldutskier
  • skihartskihart Posts: 449 Solid Baller
    Looks like Paige Rini won the US Jr. Open on the new ski!

Jordan
  • TallSkinnyGuyTallSkinnyGuy Posts: 538 Crazy Baller
    I know this is superficial considering the new ski has a new core material which apparently is also new to the industry, but I like the graphics of the 2017 much better than the 2016 version. I know some people really like the 2016 graphics, but I don't like them at all -- too busy or something. This one looks pretty cool with mostly black tonal patterns and then the simple red detailing. Very nice.
    andjulesdavid_quail
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,500 Crazy Baller
    As long as they stay away from that awful green of the 2014 version. When they brought those to the Nationals that year, they also brought about a dozen special edition red versions. The red ones sold out in 30 minutes which should tell them something about what colors to target and what colors to avoid. I know some people do like green, but I don't think the majority do...
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
    brodyski6jones
  • wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    @roger I really like the lambo green, much more so than the red or the 15 blue/yellow. to each his own!

the coral looks sweet though
  • cragginshredcragginshred Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
    My vote is all black boots all the time, goes with any color. I think all the skis look cool every year.
    Vapor pro 2017